Was I wrong to do this???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Sounds good to me...some of those gun shells should be used on the neighbor...

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I think you did the right thing. We had 3 mousers. One for each of the kids to care for. They spent days outside, and only came in the house when the weather was bad. We live less than a half mile from a huge state forest, and the mouse problem can get really bad here in the woods. When they were young we "homed" them for a few months so they would always stay close by. We had a female german sheperd that truly guarded them like her little flock. They all coexisted perfectly. The last one will soon be 13 years old and spends most of his time sleeping in his favorite spots now. For me, the moral of the story is that it's fine to keep an animal for an intended purpose. But that animal has to be treated with respect and cared for into its' old age.
I agree there really isn't anything wrong with having "outside" animals, but you should definately take care of them and provide them with food, water and some sort of shelter not leave them to completely fend for themselves. There are plenty of stray cats around and I feel bad for them also (actually one of my cats was a stray that I started feeding because I felt so bad for her and she ended up coming in and adopted us, but when you "take in" animals you need to care for them.

Our cats do not go outside due to the coyote problem, not to mention the skunks and raccoons that have been known to be rabid. I certainly cannot afford a vet bill and had the animals long before I became disabled. It does not stop me from getting them their needed care. If you have an animals you are obliged to care for it. Saying I can't afford it is no excuse regardless that "the shells are cheaper than a vet bill". People like him should not be allowed to have any animals! Too bad there are too many people like him and too few like you.
We have ALL of them here also, recently there have been mountain lion (cougar) sightings, there have been eight different videos captured on the trail camera's (they don't know if it is the same one or several different ones).

You did the right thing, but if it were me, I'd be worried about whatever other animals they have.
They no longer have any (that I know of) at the moment. Since I have lived here (about 2yrs), they had a Australian Shepard that was hit by a car (the poor thing was left outside all the time also) never fenced in or trained to stay in the yard, after that they got a red healer...was ran over by a tractor, 3 baby ducks that they did at least build a cage for with a kiddie swim pool, unfortunately the coyotes (or something) figured out how to open it and killed them (there was only one found) that time they tried to blame my girls saying they had to of came over there and opened the gate (they were at their grandmas that day..so they could not of), and a baby raccoon that they put in a pet carrier and then never feed and it starved.

Sounds good to me...some of those gun shells should be used on the neighbor...
That's kinda what I thought!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
You know some people just amaze me. Not to even care that they ate or need to be tended to.
Glad to hear one got a home already, and the other little one is on his way to getting healed:)
I feel when you do something like this eventually the good will come back to you, it might not
be next week or next month, but one day a good turn will come your way. Don't ever doubt that
you did the right thing.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
You know some people just amaze me. Not to even care that they ate or need to be tended to.
Glad to hear one got a home already, and the other little one is on his way to getting healed:)
I feel when you do something like this eventually the good will come back to you, it might not
be next week or next month, but one day a good turn will come your way. Don't ever doubt that
you did the right thing.
I just felt kinda bad because I lied to him (I HATE lying) but then I think, they are soooo much better off and most likely without medical help the boy would not of made it...plus it wasn't a FULL lie, he just asked if I had seen them....and well, I haven't ;)

Those people sound like they shouldn't be allowed to have animals.
I know Labby...they really do not need them! I just don't understand the purpose of getting a animal if you have no intention to do anything with it, it's pretty much pointless.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
If your neighbor is that insensitive or cruel, I don't think you are obligated to answer him with anything more than a mumble and an exaggerated shrug of your shoulders. He might just assume you know nothing. I would hate to call someone like that a neighbor. There shouldn't be any doubt in your mind what-so-ever that you did the right thing for those kittens.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
If your neighbor is that insensitive or cruel, I don't think you are obligated to answer him with anything more than a mumble and an exaggerated shrug of your shoulders. He might just assume you know nothing. I would hate to call someone like that a neighbor. There shouldn't be any doubt in your mind what-so-ever that you did the right thing for those kittens.
Thank you Excuz!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I would have taken them to the shelter as well; however, when he asked me I would have told him what I had done....of course that would then start a war with the neighbors AND some people have told me I don't know when to shut my mouth ;) Don't feel bad you did the right thing by the cats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store