We bought a new shub today, veins?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
You probably have enough aeration with the ac50, but I always run a aerator whenever I'm medicating a sick fish. The extra O2 seems to perk them up. Then again I run the aerator in my main tank because I like the effect.

My last set of 4 goldfish I picked up from the pet store all had the long stringy thing for a few days. After medicating and feeding them pelletized food for a few days they perked right up. I think it might be in part because they feed the cheapest quality of food at the pet stores if they feed them at all.

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
thanks the V....
We really hope she perks up

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
long, stringy poo can be a sign of lots of things. bacterial infection is possible, but it can also be indigestion, constipation, too little food, improper type of food... a myriad of reasons. also, if she's headstanding or leaning over a little, and that's the only other sign of problems, don't worry too much. my shubunkin is a chronic headstander. he's otherwise totally healthy, but most of the time he lays around at a 45 degree angle or more, butt in the bubbles and head toward the gravel. his offspring inherited the trait as well. i don't know if it's more common in shubs, but it's possible.

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
thank you sooo much flarringshutter, we were worried, because our other shub with the super finnage as I like to say, doesnt do that, plays and swims all the time, never does that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store