1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Disease Forum--READ THIS FIRST!!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by Amphiprion, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

Andrew
    Okay, suddenly your fish starts acting strangely or has some strange spots, lesions, etc. Before panicking and leaving a frantic post, please look into composing it with as many details as possible. These include the following:

• Water parameters and setup-- i.e. pH, salinity/specific gravity, ammonia, nitrate, temperature, etc. Tank size, equipment like heaters, protein skimmers, powerheads, water change schedule, etc.

• Any recent changes or alterations to the system, like new fish additions, filter additions, chemical additions, etc.?

• List of all livestock

• Do you quarantine your fish?

• What foods and how often do you feed your fish?

• Detailed description of the problem you are seeing

• Photographs are your friend--a good photo, as the saying goes, is worth a thousand words. Actually seeing what is happening to the animal can make a huge difference.

• What steps, if any, have you taken to treat the animal?
    Thanks for reading and we hope that this will help everyone construct the most informative and accurate questions for equally good answers.

The marine section crew

#1 Amphiprion, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. Amphiprion

Amphiprion Contain the Excitement...

Andrew
    I want to leave this open temporarily, as I'd love to have input from our community. Please help construct this thread into a good diagnostic guide. I'll combine the ideas in the main thread and close it after we have a good basis.