what did you do during your time off of AC?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Dangerdoll said:
ok, a lot of you know that I just moved into a new house a few weeks ago.... along with the new house, there is a pool (waaaahoooo!!!).

Anywhoo.... instead of reagular chlorine, the people who sold the house to me ran the pool on Baquacil (something like Softswim). The lady told me it was a little more expensive (more like a lot IMO) but the reason was because it was better for the environment and was less harsh on the bathing suits, skin, hair, and eyes.

Well, since I moved in, the water has been oh so cloudy and had a grimey feel to it and just didn't have that "swimming pool" feel. I tried to turn things around and get things working with the Baquacil..... to no avail. My neighbor's pool was soooooo sparkling blue, I was so jealous!

So, since I had the free time (no AC), I did a search on Baquacil. Apparently, it's a bit difficult to maintain this system as mega-people have the same problem. So my next plan of action was to convert this pool back to chlorine. All it took was gallons of bleach, stabilizer, and new sand for the filter.

Today, I'm on my last day of bleach before I add the stabilizer. That will go for 3 days then I need to change the sand in the filter.

The first few days of the conversion were sooooo scarey, I thought I screwed up royally!! The water was as green and unclear as Mountain dew and covered in a layer of foam..... but as of last Thursday, the water has been so crystal clear blue..... it's unbelievable how it looked from 2 weeks ago to now.

That's how my time off has been.

Better Lila? ;)
But Dangerdoll . . .

You can't stock fish in a pool if you put chlorine in it.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
hehehehehe, I thought of that Sensei and I struggled with it for a month but then I found a creek behind the yard loaded with some kind of fishes.... not sure what yet, but man do I feel lucky for that!!! :D

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Spent the week trying to run away from my birthday, dam* thing caught me and reeled me in kicking and screaming, no matter how hard you try they catch you every time :rant: :sad

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
I sat in front of my computer the entire time, clicking the refresh button, waiting for AC to be online again.

Oh and I went ocean fishing too, caught a 28 lb chinook :D

... I look really skinny in that picture... but that fish was really fat. oh that picture brings back bad memories... he had some serious teeth that were digging in to my hands and I was waiting for my mom to take the picture and she kept messing with her camera... I was about ready to slap her with the fish

Oh and on a little 32 foot boat in 5 foot waves, don't sit toward the edges of the boat. stay in the middle, unless you like "Chumming the fish" :sick:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
jamzwayne & ChicoRaton

Nice fish!
Time for some good eating! :D

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
heh, It was indeed fun to reel in...althrough for about 5 minutes I wasn't sure if he'd ever come in... he just kept taking out line. finally though he started inching back in... my left arm was all knotted up from holding onto the pole by the time I got him in...

Oh, and in that picture it was gutted already so I'm holding him with my hands clasped around his lower jaw, which is why his head is all funny like that.

somewhere I have a picture of me holding it and my little sister... the fish is bigger than her :D hehe she was scared of it, but I don't blame her--she's 3.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store