What else can I add?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
Oh, I missed that you had an angel. They are pretty vicious. When I'd just started my 18 gal, I had two angels. Big mistake. I lost nearly every fish I had before I got rid of them. I also had issues with neons chasing other fish, especially my guppies, so I had to cull my entire school after unsuccessfully trying to fix the problem for nearly a year. They are supposedly community fish, but I've found that they sort of get a pack mentality when there are more then two or three in a tank.

Gk

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I took the rainbows and gourami to the LFS. My tetras and angel seem to have calmed down now.
37 gal stock: 8 Pearl Danios, 6 Albino Corydoras, 2 Bolivian Rams, and butterfly loach

55 gal stock: 15 Black neon Tetras, 3 Glowlight Tetras, 6 Albino Corydoras, 5 SA Bumblebee Catfish, 4 Shrimp, and 1 Koi Angel

I might add platies to the 55 and maybe guppies to th 37, but it depends. I want to make sure the angel remains calm, he seemed stressed from the Rainbowfish darting around.

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
Platies are slower moving fish, so they would probably be better tank mates for angelfish, plus guppies are more fragile. But they do breed very well. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Gk

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I picked up 4 mollys and put them in my 55g. 2 are silver and 2 are Dalmatians(which are mostly black with white along their backs.) They seem to be doing fine and are the only live bearer that seems to live. All others for some reason die on me, even though they are healthy and eating. I might pick up 2-4 more of them, not sure yet. I want to let these guys settle down more.

as for my 37g, lost one of my rams sadly. My pearl Danios are going strong, so far no issues with them.

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
Good choice. Mollies are great fish and nice breeders. I love dalmatians and silvers. Their fry will probably look very interesting. Have you thought of trying cremescicles? They are beautiful fish.

Gk

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I picked up 2 sailfin cremesickles and 2 Red Panda lyetail. I have 7 males and a single female, might add a few more. Any fry that would survive I'll transfer over to the 37g till I can either rehome them or maybe sell them. Not sure yet. Mollys I can breed with ease verses other live bearers I've kept in the past. I have plenty of hiding areas in both tanks so I wouldn't have much of an issue. They are replacing the rainbows and they seem more colourful then them.

GuppyKeeper32

AC Members
Aug 5, 2016
I picked up 2 sailfin cremesickles and 2 Red Panda lyetail. I have 7 males and a single female, might add a few more. Any fry that would survive I'll transfer over to the 37g till I can either rehome them or maybe sell them. Not sure yet. Mollys I can breed with ease verses other live bearers I've kept in the past. I have plenty of hiding areas in both tanks so I wouldn't have much of an issue. They are replacing the rainbows and they seem more colourful then them.
I have occasionally had issues with genetics breeding lyre tails, though I'm unsure why. I may have just been unlucky, but I would observe the fry carefully. If there is only one female and seven males, that poor female won't survive a day with so much breeding stress. Most livebearers should be housed in a 1 male to 2/3 female ratio, though it differs with species, age, and size. Good luck! (I use breeder tanks for my breeding programs, they can be put into any tank easily, so fry don't need a separate area, and I can observe them carefully. Plus they won't get sucked into the filter!)

Gk

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store