1. Please clear out your caches and cookies and restart your browser.
    Dismiss Notice

what is the best ich med.?..

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by melissadotson, Sep 10, 2010.

1. melissadotson

melissadotson
    Expand Collapse
    AC Members

Jan 22, 2013
    just like the title says..i have a small acura butterfly fish in my hospital tank treating for ich..i am treating with ich cure..it's this blue stuff that looks like blue food coloring..it's seems to work..but i was wondering what is the best ich medicain that's not to exspensive? i have used one called kick ich but it's like 40 dollors a bottle...so i was wondering what everybody else uses that is real good..

2. Ace25

Ace25
    Expand Collapse
    www.centralcoastreefclub. com

Nov 17, 2015
    Best meds are copper like Cupramine but it is a harsh treatment and the fish have to still be somewhat healthy/eating in order to use copper IMO. Right now I am treating my Chevron tang in a hospital tank using Seachem Metronidazole ($8 at my LFS) and it seems to be working well. Overnight I went from an infestation of well over 50 spots to just a few spots today.

IMO stuff like Kick-Ich is pretty worthless. It is "reef safe" so you can use it in a display tank, but it rarely if ever solves the problem. It may slow it down a little but I have seen people use 3 big bottles of it and still had ich.