1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

what is the best ich med.?..

Discussion in 'Saltwater Illness and Disease' started by melissadotson, Sep 10, 2010.

1. melissadotson

melissadotson AC Members

just like the title says..i have a small acura butterfly fish in my hospital tank treating for ich..i am treating with ich cure..it's this blue stuff that looks like blue food coloring..it's seems to work..but i was wondering what is the best ich medicain that's not to exspensive? i have used one called kick ich but it's like 40 dollors a bottle...so i was wondering what everybody else uses that is real good..

2. Ace25

Ace25 www.centralcoastreefclub. com

Best meds are copper like Cupramine but it is a harsh treatment and the fish have to still be somewhat healthy/eating in order to use copper IMO. Right now I am treating my Chevron tang in a hospital tank using Seachem Metronidazole ($8 at my LFS) and it seems to be working well. Overnight I went from an infestation of well over 50 spots to just a few spots today.

IMO stuff like Kick-Ich is pretty worthless. It is "reef safe" so you can use it in a display tank, but it rarely if ever solves the problem. It may slow it down a little but I have seen people use 3 big bottles of it and still had ich.