What Plecos do you own?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

branflake12

yeah, thats right-purple ROPE
Sep 20, 2005
Iowa City
What exactly do the L numbers mean? i must have missed that one.

yehoshua

AC Members
Jul 11, 2005
Israel
"L" is for Loricidae catfish discoveries which are so new and so various that they've yet to be identified. And maybe some similar "speicies" are really just variations of one speicies? Until the taxonomy experts decide these matters, they are just give numbers. The same thing applies to new Corydoras varieties which are give "C" numbers, pending final identification.

808_fairladyz

Hawaii Freshwater Aquaria Hobbiest
Nov 23, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I have a Pleco that is about 17 months old and is now about 11-12 inchs. He shares the same tank as my Oscar. I like my Pleco. I never had to clean the glass not once because of him. He makes alot of mess, but i do weekly water changes every Wednesday so water quality has never been an issue for my tank.

Spunky

AC Members
I have a 7" common pleco and a L066, king tiger pleco
I do not have a pic of my common, and my king tiger (L66) loves to hide, or play in a spot that i just can not get a pic of him. :) So i took him out once and got a shot.

This weekend i am going to try again to get a better shot.

Last edited:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I own 1 baby Rhino, 1 6" Stunted Sailfin Pleco, 1 baby albino sailfin, 7 baby L-001's (stupid me), 1 13-14" Paradalis all but the Paradalis live together in a small tank Im gettin rid of 5 of the L-001's as soon as I can and possibly going to get rid or my 6" Gibby see if I could take them to my local fish store and get a baby gibby. My Paradalis will hopefully be able to get a new tank at the beginin of next year where I plan on upgradin my 55gal to a 75gal for my Jag in which case I plan to get two 75gal's n puttin the baby plec's in there for the time being n the paradalis will get to have the 60gal with my lil brothers baby Oscar. 13fish total 12 of them bein mine n only 2 arent plec's. LOL

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
3 inch lepord 2 inch Royal 3 inch Gold nuggett and a couple of commons, oh yeah and a 4 inch chubby pleco yes thats its common name....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store