What would a Dojo Loach like more?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homalocephale

Registered Member
Jan 10, 2011
I have a 3" Golden Dojo Loach in a 39 Gallon Tall Community Tank, and I recently got a 40 Gallon Breeder Tank, with sand substrate and am thinking of moving my Dojo into the 40 Gallon. He is very happy in his current tank, swims around crazily, and loves chasing his reflection. But do you think he would be happier with a sand substrate vs. being in a tall tank?

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I am betting your loach would LOVE a sand substrate and a bigger footprint. He would also likely love to have a couple of friends. They are a social fish.

homalocephale

Registered Member
Jan 10, 2011
Thanks for the reply.
I think I will put him in the 40 gallon tonight and see how he likes it.
I may get another dojo sometime soon to join him.
He won't be alone in the tank though, there is a juvenile Blood Parrot, and a school of 6 juvenile Red Eye Tetras in it already.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Dojo's love sand, they hide in it and easier to sift through. The footprint he will also love, as well as Dojo friends!

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks for the reply.
I think I will put him in the 40 gallon tonight and see how he likes it.
I may get another dojo sometime soon to join him.
He won't be alone in the tank though, there is a juvenile Blood Parrot, and a school of 6 juvenile Red Eye Tetras in it already.
Sounds good. By friends, I did mean more dojos. They are social with their own kind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store