YOUR favorite fish !!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
jacobus said:
i really like the frog .. i thought of 2 options ... 1. i keep it in my main tank. feed it well. hopefully it wont eat anyone. 2. i set up a smaller tank for it and it only. i think i like option 2, but what size tank is ok for the fish ? right now .. i guess its at 2 inches long.
YES, door number two! And perfect for a specimen tank...
IMO you should be okay with a 29 gal... at least for a while. Some of the Frogs get pretty big, but they are sedentary so you should be good for a while.

jacobus

dragon wrasse nut
Dec 4, 2005
Singapore.
im thinking about an ultra simple tank with only the fish . and say a rock for him to be comfy.. dont really want too many rocks in case he decides to disappear into them.. is that ok ? the tank will be my quarantine tank.. i'll get a new quarantine tank soon ... but i already have the tank running ... can i put the frogfish in first ? im afraid that the one i like will get sold soon ... here in singapore i dont often see small specimens ... most of them are really large.. so i wanna get that asap.

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
As long as the tank is cycled/properly prepared, go for it.
Be advised, these need more than live brine to thrive; you may want to see if it will take frozen/thawed chunks of shrimp offered on a feeding stick before you purchase, otherwise you will need to provide live ghost shrimp on a regualr basis. Live brine will not suffice, no nutrition there.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store