ok... i give in.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
yeah, i got the good stuff... just 100% natural latex.

I'm going to a reef club meeting on saturday, and a whole bunch of people are going to give me some donations and i'm going to be buying a few here and there.

Is there any LPS i can keep with PC lights?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
quick question..i have this horribly persistent brownish algae that likes to collect up on my sand... not on the rocks or even the glass really, just on the sand... it looks a bit like diatoms but i dont think it is because its not on the rocks and the system has been up and running for some time now. It doesnt affect much, but is certainly ugly to look at.

Usually i just stir the sand around for a few minutes with a powerhead or something and it goes away, but it comes back in only a few hours.

Water params are pretty good,
ph 8.2
sg 1.024
temp-78
ammo-0
ites-0
ates-10-20 (i know a little on the high end, but im still running with a skimmer)
phosphate is around .5

By setting up a skimmer and hopefully lowering my nitrates in the process, will this get rid of the algae do you think?

Anything i can do for it in the mean time?

Thanks,
J

P.S. - what lps corals do ok under pc lighting??!?!? (I'm being offered many goodies =).)

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
no, never had cyno.. only reason i dont tend to think it is cyno is because its a persistent problem, but the problem doesnt seem to be getting any worse, only hanging around... i will not i do get a tad bit of green algae o the class, and i scrape it off with a mag float... but thats pretty normal isnt it?

Coralline is in full good growth as well.

Besides spot feeding what else would a sun coral need?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
im sure once i get symba out of the tank spot feeding would be no problem for me... do they get spot fed everyday?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
heres my 2 newest corals (well only corals)

i now officially call my tank operation reef transition:eek3:

GSP
and "bright yellow zoas"

IMG_1309.jpg IMG_1322.jpg

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
ok, well on Saturday I'm going to be receiving a couple more new corals.

- About 20-30 shrooms on a 3x4 rock
- More GSP(free)
- Xenia
- emerald green zoas (35 polyps)
- Green palys (60 polyps, free)
- a red gorg (not sure what species.. hopefully i dont kill it.. but it was free)
- another type of gorg (free again)
- a "Tubs orange Digiata" (yeah i know SPS eeeek...but they said it should if theres any sps ok under PC lighting its this one, and it should be fine until i upgrade to MH.. and it was free again)
- and a few more red mushrooms (free)

Seems like i'm getting pretty lucky here... or is this the usual treatment for a new reefer at a reef club meeting?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
add a free finger leather to that list as well! =).

Looks like i should have my hands full..

Any problems come from adding all these corals at one time?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store