Jack Dempsey

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
I really want to get an electric blue Jack Dempsey to go in my 75 gallon tank. I will be trading in all the fish currently in it. What else can/should I get to go in with this brightly colored fish?

Mij

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Pa.
I don't have any experience with Blue Dempseys, but a cichlid is a cichlid. From what I've read about them they're a bit more delicate than a normal jd. I think you could put a firemouth in with the bjd as they are not too aggressive. If you just want the bjd as the only cichlid you could put dithers in with it.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Hey just wanted to let you know there is a vender here in our classified section that has a EBJD for 15.00, I have never ordered from him so I can't say anything about him or anything, but since AC is allowing him to do sales through their site...I would think him to be reputable. There isn't a picture of it, but if you end up interested I'm sure the guy would send you one...Here is a link...

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1450166#post1450166

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Are the malawi in your sig still going to be there?

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
I'm getting rid of the Africans and switching to New Worlds (Central/South American). I for sure want a Blue Jack, but what other Cichlids or dithers are good to put in with it?

The tank is 75 Gallon. I really want an Oscar, but would that be pusing it too far?

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I'm getting rid of the Africans and switching to New Worlds (Central/South American). I for sure want a Blue Jack, but what other Cichlids or dithers are good to put in with it?

The tank is 75 Gallon. I really want an Oscar, but would that be pusing it too far?
IMO, yes...if you want the JD...I think it and an Oscar would be a bit to much in a 75. Yes, I'm sure it could work...but you would need extra filtration and most likely have to do 2-3 big water changes a week. Generally one oscar needs about 55-75 alone.

Artemis JT

AC Members
May 24, 2008
Wiscawnsin
Not sure the oscar would work. Not only would water quality be a problem, but aggression to.

Maybe some giant danios or something. Or another JD! A jd pair would be cool.

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
I thought about a JD pair...

Are German blue Rams to small to put with a JD?

My filtration will be an Aquaclear 110 Power Filter (500 gph) and a Rena Filstar XP3 Canister Filter(330 gph)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store