is this brand a good food source for my plec and loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

williedee

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Wisconsin
www.drudgereport.com
ive never heard of it, but im sure it comes from the same factory as all the other fish foods. looks good to me!

Radar

Thought is free.
May 26, 2007
Kentucky
From what I understand it is a division of Mars.The same company that makes Pedigree dog food.Suppose to be a pretty good brand.Thay started there fish food line in 1975.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
If your fish eat it, I would say that it is good. If they don't, you'll have to try something else. If it's fish food, and they get hungry enough, they'll eat it !! Give it a shot. Good luck.

pavemike

AC Members
Feb 11, 2008
I use that same stuff for my cories and loaches when I'm not feeding live worms. They all seem to like it, and its gone pretty quick. It doesnt get to messy if they miss a pellet or two either.

KnaveTO

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Toronto, ON, Canada
I do not know about Aquarian (only recently went up for sale here in Canada) however what are the top 5 or 6 ingredients. If the word 'fish meal' shows up I would stay away from it. I feed my fish Omega One and New Life Spectrum brands and both of them do not use any fish meal products, they only use fish protein and whole fish.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I do not know about Aquarian (only recently went up for sale here in Canada) however what are the top 5 or 6 ingredients. If the word 'fish meal' shows up I would stay away from it. I feed my fish Omega One and New Life Spectrum brands and both of them do not use any fish meal products, they only use fish protein and whole fish.
And the difference between "fish meal" vs "fish protein" would be? I'm not knocking Omega One or NLS, but why do you think they're better based on the way they print their label?

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
I Use Aquarian Flake in part of my Fish Diet. Not seen the ones u have before, but my fish seem to be happy with the brand. So im sure its pretty good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store