my new 50 gal!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
If you mean honey gouramis when you say gold gouramis then there could be a couple of problems. How big are the gouramis right now? I doubt that there will be a problem but predation is a possibility if the gouramis are still really small.

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
not honey gouramis they like tri spot gouramis but gold theyr still juvies.
yep behind the tank is a wall i didnt hav the tank placed there on purpose but i also like the effect. thnaqks for the comments guys

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
angels tomorro XD cant wait!!

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
updates

so heres some newer pics theres some shots of the angels and also my pack of guppies i caught yestersday in a lake. i know the guppy tank is way overstocked thts why im doing wc every day 75% and theyr indended to be used as feeders so;)

01102009281.jpg 03102009290.jpg 04102009299.jpg 04102009301.jpg 04102009302.jpg 04102009303.jpg

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
dunno why but i like pic number 2. and yes that is me in number 1 uploaded by mistake =O

TechAquaria

AC Members
Sep 3, 2009
so heres some newer pics theres some shots of the angels and also my pack of guppies i caught yestersday in a lake. i know the guppy tank is way overstocked thts why im doing wc every day 75% and theyr indended to be used as feeders so;)
Strangely enough, those "lake guppies" look EXACTLY like the ones Walmart is selling for $3.00+ here!

Regards,
TA

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice angels!

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
thanks i got them from a friend! walmart has guppies like mine i swear theyr from a lake! proof is here we dont have walmart ir any fish store at all. the only fish we get are those that hav been bred by people who were in the aquaria period in seychelles where fish were easy to import. now its impossible so yh =[

TechAquaria

AC Members
Sep 3, 2009
thanks i got them from a friend! walmart has guppies like mine i swear theyr from a lake! proof is here we dont have walmart ir any fish store at all. the only fish we get are those that hav been bred by people who were in the aquaria period in seychelles where fish were easy to import. now its impossible so yh =[
Yes, Walmart does have guppies like yours. I have seen them in Stockton, Lodi and Jackson--all towns/cities in central California, USA. There must be one or two other members here which have seen them, and/or have them.

I didn't know these were wild caught guppies, as I now believe them to be, from your pictures. I am going to pick up a few to interbreed with my generic fancy guppies. I am constantly on the search for acceptable guppies which will provide good genetics and traits to my stock. I believe my "home breed" guppies are much more robust, disease resistant and just exhibit better overall health than any commercially bred guppies, while still having good coloring and fins, one can find--at least locally, here in my area.

Thanks for your post(s!) You just never know what post or person will provide new insight to alleviate ones' ignorance! :bowing:

Regards,
TA

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
thnks.ive always used wild river guppies with no colour (females) to breed with fancy males works out well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store