Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Wow, there is so much going on I really don't know what to think at this point. I really can't get over Labby saying there is nothing scummy yet...OMG, almost every post I read makes me think scum :crazy:.

The Pir, Un stuff doesn't sit well with me, but it has become pretty norm for them to act crazy. Un stands out the most to me of them though.

Ice...wow, I don't know what to make of it. I can't remember him ever acting this way. It's so early to be throwing out stuff like that, and if not mafia is only putting a target on his and Salts back.

Salt, for a noob (even if he was a vet) his post pretty much scream mafia.

Labby her vote is pretty out there, especially after giving Ice a hard time for his "thought". Then her actually saying she see's nothing scummy yet?

I vote to lynch Labby

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
I've changed my mind. Labby is very sus to me now. Especially after making so many cases and jumping on peoples comments/ theories. And the answer for not seeing any scum was not adequate enough for me...

I retract my vote on pirana and vote to lynch labby

Salt4Sam

fulltime workaholic
Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia
GOtta go to work, might not be home before nightfall. I VOTE TO LYNCH user_name. I will explain later, but im already late.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
I didn't get how your logic switched on that because it doesn't show anywhere in the thread and in the later post I quoted, you seemed to contradict what you had just posted less than a hour before-hand.

I was reading back in the thread when I noticed your statement, "I seriously doubt he hand-picked the roles..." My thought then was, hey wait a minute.... wasn't JM one of the folks real early in the game who supposed Pappy DID hand-pick the roles? But now he's saying he "seriously doubts" it?

I went back to re-read that section to find out what changed your mind. And I didn't find anything to explain that.... that's why I just asked you about this.

These posts (one after the other) were all made within minutes of each other.

There you are posting along with 2 other players who also figured Pappy chose the roles.... not random.

Then approx. 45 min later you disagreed with your own previous comment, (and theirs) by saying you seriously don't think Pappy picked the roles. I just wondered what changed your mind about it.

JM, you also commented in this response to me (quoted above) that Pappy hand-picks roles in his games. But you still think he didn't this time? Why... what makes you think he wouldn't for this game when he has before so many times?
Because i see hand-picking as something that would cause controversy since it wild be easy to make a super team or a noob team. With only a few of the past games actualy being finished, I don't know why he would want to add something that could end the game prematurely. Also like I have said before, I would rather not get caught up in pappy's mind so this is only a theory as to why he may have not hand-picked them

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
Oh JM, settle down. I'm not laughing at you. Try reading what the iPod posted, without having your name attached to it, and I think you'd see why it sounds so funny. No need to take anything personally.

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com
I was just pulling your leg...I know you're joking because I 'know' you if you know what I'm saying

dirtydawg10

Severum Mafia Don
Sep 5, 2005
Connecticut
So i can put it all out there, and watch as the people in question either stop doing what i think, or continue it just to mess with the whole theory. Or, i can sit back, watch, figure out how this whole little game goes, and then if, or when im sure, i'll make sure everyone knows. Promise. Soon too.
I know it has already been said by several people but this does not help the town and if you are innocent your main goal should be to help the town. I realise you are a Noob so I'm going to hold off on voting you right now but you really need to rethink your playing style if you are in fact innocent. If you are mafia scum just keep playing the way you are.

Pappy, They will show up sometime between 8am and Thursday, just be home then.
LMAO!! I couldn't resist reposting this.

So far I am not sure who I am voting for today. I do think Ice made some questionable statements which could have been interpreted as him trying to figure out innocent PRs. I also see Chill seems a bit off from his usual game but as in my case could just be a busy weekend.

The piece so far that I am most interested in right now though is the comments made about JPap hand picking roles. From my experience this is not what JPap does and I do believe he has even stated that he prefers the randomly picked games. I could be thinking of someone else but I'm pretty sure it was JPap. This theory seems to be something thrown out there to confuse what's really going on here...almost something a mafia member would bring up especially if the mafia team is a group who may not seem to be hand picked similar to last game. I need to go back and look into this a bit more.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Because I thought it should have been obvious to him, he's played several games now.

I was not trying to be evasive, nor was I trying to go on and on about my weird theory. I figured your next question would be something along the lines of why did I change my mind so I went ahead and gave you the why.

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com
Perhaps Lab Rat should have gone to bed last night when she told us she was going to. Maybe she would have thought up more believable answers had she slept on it.

Lab was in agreement with what Piranha had posted, saying she also thought there were 5 scum. She also stated that Pappy likes to hand pick roles. She even told Pir to look at the games Pappy modded (instead of asking who he's been teammates with in prior games).

After that, she told him she did not agree we should guess who Pappy picked "for obvious reasons." When Pir asked Lab Rat to explain what those obvious reasons are, Lab replied but refused to answer him "just in case the roles were not random."

Clearly, Labby could have answered the question asked without naming names, as could anyone else with any experience in the game -- and as Lady G and I both did ourselves. But for some reason, Labby didn't want to. She blew this off instead.

I asked Lab Rat why she wouldn't answer what seemed to be a simple, direct question. She said because she didn't want to "give away townie PRs".

Not a good answer, Lab Rat.... as I pointed out to you when I asked you the same question again. Having given it more thought, Lab Rat then came up with a different answer: "it should have been obvious to him, he's played several games now."

It concerns me when someone, pressed to answer a question twice after refusing it the first time then comes up with an excuse instead of giving a real answer. Had Lab Rat misread the original question and that's why she said she didn't want to give away townie PRs? (That wasn't the question asked of her.) Or had she become irritated that a relative noob asked what she thought was a dumb question which was too obvious for her to bother with?

"I was not trying to be evasive..." <-- yet, Lab evaded my question when she replied.

"...nor was I trying to go on and on about my weird theory." <-- yet, Lab did exactly that.

"I figured your next question would be something along the lines of why did I change my mind so I went ahead and gave you the why." <-- again, Lab Rat avoided a simple question by answering (instead) something that was not asked.

This doesn't add up. Lab wasn't trying to protect the identity of our townie PRs (who were not even being named). More likely, she already knows who got the mafia roles because they are her teammates. That's why she misread the question Piranha asked originally, why she evaded the point in her reply, and why she later gave me two different answers.

I vote to lynch Lab Rat.

She seems to be playing fast and loose with the truth this game. This, along with many other suspicions already raised and talked about by other players, leads me to believe Labby is scum.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
Just for the record salt you are NOT allowed to PM anyone in the game (other than applicable) for reasons pertaining to the game while it is going on. I know it was a PM, but I am going to have to show everyone if they want me to for the integrity of the game. If you think I take it seriously, you should see some of these other people...:laugh:

dirtydawg10

Severum Mafia Don
Sep 5, 2005
Connecticut
Just for the record salt you are NOT allowed to PM anyone in the game (other than applicable) for reasons pertaining to the game while it is going on. I know it was a PM, but I am going to have to show everyone if they want me to for the integrity of the game. If you think I take it seriously, you should see some of these other people...:laugh:
I would recommend that you let JPap take care of it.

So here's what I thought JPap had said he agreed with but I couldn't find where he did actually agree with it...

I, for one, appreciate this and wish all mods will follow this simple rule. It muddies the waters for people to have to wonder if there are hand picked roles.

I will not hand pick roles. They will be assigned randomly when the player list is complete. I will NOT tweak the results.
...instead I found this...

I just hand pick roles.....I mean.....:grinno:
I really think this theory about JPap hand picking roles was just thrown out there to start confusion. I wish JPap would just come on and put this one to bed so we can all get back to playing the game. I realise his internet is not cooperating. It always seems like when we try to get into the mods head for role assignments we are always led down the wrong path. JMHO

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
Sorry I haven't been on guys, we were vistiting my grandmother for the day and she doesn't have internet.
As for Pir, When he tried to get people guessing the roles via how the mod would pick them seemed quite scummy and almost like he was directing attention away from himself because he knew that if people thought along with his theory then it would lead them to think he's innocent..IMO anyway. And now that he has gone quiet has got me even more suspicious....
I don't see how I was directing attention away from myself.
Im glad somebody else caught onto that.[/QUOTE]
You always catch onto stuff but never mention it...
Because I thought it should have been obvious to him, he's played several games now.
Well, I played 74, didn't get lynched because you were coaching me, played 75 and got lynched D1 (as an innocent), signed up for 76 and then got grounded...

Now that JB's puffers are OK, his lack of posting is kinda scary. He usually posts...a lot.

LR jumped on the train attacking me for guessing who the mod would choose, then votes for Dawg due to his user title. I vote to lynch Lab_Rat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store