my 125 gallon planted tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
I've spent almost an hour looking through every single page. It is so amazing how you set up this tank :D
thanks i put a lot of work into it. im not home as often anymore but i work on it as much as i can when i am able to.
sweet! i love fei fengs.
as do i. when i get a bigger tank i plan to have a small group of them. truely amazing fish. they are just huge eaters.

I see he's still the king of the tank! You're amazing for rescuing him (TWICE) and doing this for him. You my hero!! :) Great tank! I love it!
im glad im somebody's hero. he will always be the centerpiece of my tank.
Your tank is incredible
thanks.
Nice vid, jaysen...
that bob!

I was wondering if something happened to your kuhli loaches? I didn't see them listed when you listed all your fish a while back after you got them.

Beautiful tank by the way.
when i got my 4 khuli loaches they hid a lot since they are nocturnal. a lot of the time they stayed behind the moss wall. since they are wild caught i was expecting them to be stronger that tank raised inbred fish but 3 of them became very thin despite being fed a lot. i have a feeling the stress allowed them to succumb to internal parasites. the last one is still in my tank always cruising under the driftwood in the shadows. he is great and i do plan to add a few more once my quarantine tank is set up.

Sorry, almost forgot to mention how great your prochilodus looked in the last vid. Almost didn't recognise him for a sec with how gold his scales came of looking up close.
the gold was probaby reflection from the room lights. he has lost weight due to internal parasites and stopped eating for a while. now he is on the road to recovery. thank god!
What kind of plants are those?
you mean the ones on the sides, the back, the top, or in the middle?

Soul Chile

AC Members
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago, IL
I just read through every post/page of this thread and your tank is absolutely AMAZING! I hate to sound so cliche but this tank truly is an inspiration! I currently only have two ~25 gallons but I am looking to upgrade to a 75+ gallon in the future (after my bank account has healed from the Christmas bills. :p)

My favorite set-up would probably have to be the current one. Though it is a little overgrown for my preferences (your post on page 28 on 01-17-2009, 2:55 AM is my favorite by far!).

ss works

AC Members
Dec 11, 2009
i wish i had the money and time :bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing:
breathe taking i would want my tank to look like this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store