MONSTER BN PLECO FOOT LONG

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
bn1.jpg

I couldn't see the first one very well, so I took the liberty of adjusting the lighting and rotating the pic, if that helps. ;)

bn1.jpg

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if this pleco is already in with your other fish then it is definitely not being quarantined. i really hope you didn't just introduce disease or parasites to your 100 gal tank.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Ok! He's in QT now! PICS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
12" LOL... I am betting your girlfriend will disagree..

6" tops. How big is that airstone?? 3.5" LMAO

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
Your QT tank is 100 gallons?
The lfs I buy from quarantines all livestock (fish & plants) for 2 weeks b4 they sell anything. Additionally the pleco was there for a month b4 I bought him. So that's 1 1/2 months of quarantine. Btw, they have independent filtration, not centralized.

mr.bigglesworth

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
Norcal, East Bay Area
Real Name
Ryan
if this pleco is already in with your other fish then it is definitely not being quarantined. i really hope you didn't just introduce disease or parasites to your 100 gal tank.
WRONG, again. You draw conclusions too quick, you have to hear both sides of the story before you can make a decision. See my post above for explanation.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which with all due respect ya haven't provided. Seen too much over the years to outright say bull crap, but I don't see a 12" fish in the pics provided, or even an 8" fish. I see a nice-lookin' male BN which I'll estimate at app. 5", plus or minus a bit.

Just saved the pic and will be pulling out photo shop a bit later tonight, after I'm done with feedin' my own finny friends. If that's 1/2" glass, then by measurin' the thickness of the glass and then rotatin' it, there's a built in ruler in the photo. All I hafta do is figure how many lengths of glass thickness that pleco is and divide by 2 to get a length in inches; a quick rough judgement by eyeballin' it is that the fish has a TL of 9 or 10 "thicknesses" of the glass, which puts it at 4 1/2" to 5".

WYite

Last edited:

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you say this pleco is in quarantine, and then you say it is in your 100 gallon community tank. plopping a fish straight into your main tank is NOT quarantining. i was merely calling you out on two totally different things you said.

a 2 week quarantine at the store is not a true quarantine. those tanks have so many fish go through them, and some parasites do not show their ugly selves within a 2 week time frame. as well, i'm sure your new bn pleco was not the only fish in the tank for the month he was there.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
The lfs I buy from quarantines all livestock (fish & plants) for 2 weeks b4 they sell anything. Additionally the pleco was there for a month b4 I bought him. So that's 1 1/2 months of quarantine. Btw, they have independent filtration, not centralized.

I am just going on what you yourself stated, that the fish was now in your possession and in QT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store