Petsmart Fish Sale!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Neons, blackskirt tetras, and some other tetras are only $1! Plecos and other algae eaters are $1 also. Swordtails, and rainbow fish were on sale also.

I got 9 neon tetras for my 10 gallon :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
The algae eaters have been on sale for a while. I think the new sale starts Monday.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
I always hated it when we had these fish sales. People would want to buy way too many fish for their tanks. I would have to keep telling them "No, you can't buy that many fish for your tiny tank." Or, "No, you cant buy fish for a tank you haven't set up yet." Or, "No, an uncycled tank cannot support a huge school of neons or what not." On the other hand, I did like the fact that I could buy cheap fish for my tanks. The sad thing is, even at these prices, the store is making a profit on the fish. The one live animal that they actually made a profit on were the fish. The other live animals, by the time you factor in food and bedding etc. (and sometimes even before), they made a loss on.

Emily

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
I wanted some ottos, which were on sale for a dollar, but checking there the day they got fish in, they never got any in during the sale.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
When I worked there, it was hard for us to get/keep ottos in. They were popular, and we would sell out of them quickly, and our supplier would also often be out of them.

Emily

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
:mad::(
Oh now they have the sale! I am not done cycling!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
I assume they will get them this week when they aren't on sale.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
yeah..they have not had otos in sens the day of the sale...yes they are on sale but no we will not stock them!!!..3 petsmarts near me and none ever get any in during the sales.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
There is a reason they never have Ottos during a sale. PetSmart has exclusive relationships with their vendors. Meaning, they can only get fish from their one vendor, no one else, and that vendor supplies at least 500 or more stores. Now, those 500 stores probably all have the same sale at the same time, so they all sell out at the same time, and the vendor has to send them more ottos at the same time. The vendor simply can't keep up with the demand, and runs out. It will take a while to get them back in stock, and then when they do have them back, the sale is over. You would think corporate would be smart enough to warn the vendor when a sale was coming--so they could stock up--but, no they are not that smart.

Emily

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
yeah..they have not had otos in sens the day of the sale...yes they are on sale but no we will not stock them!!!..3 petsmarts near me and none ever get any in during the sales.
doesn't petsmart do Rain checks?

that would work out well for pattycakes especially

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store