Angel stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, I have a 45gal tank (3ft x 2ft x 1ft - w/h/d) that is established with plants and some snails. I've had someone adopt the goldfish I used to have and wanted to do a new community tank. Was wondering how many angels can i have in there?

Here's what i was thinking:
- Angels
- 2 rams
- 4 or 5 cories
- school of tetras (not the small ones or nippy ones)

Suggestions welcome! Thanks!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i dont know about the stocking but i can say a few things about the other fish.
1 you have to have a minimum of 6 cories they school and 6 is the lowest number a school can be.
2 2 words....congo tetras.they are not small nor nippy.the males are the prettier of the 2 genders.
3 get a even number of angels they just looooove to be in odd numbers so hey can team up and bully the weaker fish.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Just get one angel. 2 is just asking for trouble. If you get a male and female and they spawn, they will not like having other fish around. If you get same sex, once sexually mature, they may fight with each other. Your tank is not big enough for more than 1 in my opinion. Actually with it only being 12'' tall, it may not be big enough for 1.

With that foot print, I would get 10 to 12 cories. The rams should be OK with them, although they will probably chase them away from their territory.

I would also get 10 to 12 tetra. Lots to choose from. Just make sure if you get an angel to make sure the tetra are not too small.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
The 45 gallon tank is 24" high and 12" wide, not the other way around. So it doesn't have the floor space for that many cories.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
What about mollies or swordtails or platys? Would they work?

if you want platies then i would say no to an angel.and i think that you have forgotten the most popular live bearer,the guppy.if you get rid of the angel then you could have mollies,platies,sword tails,and guppies.after you get everyone in the tank i think that pics are in order.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store