Midwest fish, bird, dog, etc, etc lovers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WillLaw

Registered Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hello.
We live in the Midwest U.S. on about 10 acres. We have about a 25 minutes drive to the city where most aspects of our lives are conducted, but consider it worth it (well, maybe not in winter) to escape the hustle & bustle.
Our tanks and ponds: 150g long New World cichlid; 90g Malawi cichlid; 90g Tanganyika cichlid & community; 29g Tanganyika "shellie" tank; several smaller tanks; 6,500g koi & native catfish pond; several smaller ponds.
WE also have 4 dogs, ranging from 6 lbs to 120 lbs; Ringneck doves in an inside aviary; Golden Pheasants in an outside aviary; Bee hives; Southdown Babydoll sheep; Nigerian Dwarf Goats; and American Guinea Hogs (not to be confused with the popular rodent, guinea pigs).

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! Sounds impressive!

SantaMonicaHelp

AC Members
Oct 17, 2011
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Hello.
We live in the Midwest U.S. on about 10 acres. We have about a 25 minutes drive to the city where most aspects of our lives are conducted, but consider it worth it (well, maybe not in winter) to escape the hustle & bustle.
Our tanks and ponds: 150g long New World cichlid; 90g Malawi cichlid; 90g Tanganyika cichlid & community; 29g Tanganyika "shellie" tank; several smaller tanks; 6,500g koi & native catfish pond; several smaller ponds.
WE also have 4 dogs, ranging from 6 lbs to 120 lbs; Ringneck doves in an inside aviary; Golden Pheasants in an outside aviary; Bee hives; Southdown Babydoll sheep; Nigerian Dwarf Goats; and American Guinea Hogs (not to be confused with the popular rodent, guinea pigs).
Hi WillLaw,

Welcome to the forum:)
Wow, you are a true animal lover!

Is cichlid your favourite fish?
Do you plan to have some more pets?

Zhenya

balerion

AC Members
Mar 20, 2017
Northern IL
Welcome! I'm also located in the Midwest not far from a big city. I'm jealous of all the space you have! I'm currently with my parents and can only get what I can fit into my room haha. Also have a cat and two dogs. For a long time we were thinking of a fish pond (our yard is a decent size) but I think I'd have to do all the work for it. Sounds like a bunch of good setups though!

MardieJane

AC Members
Apr 19, 2017
Central Florida
Camera Used
Cannon eos 5d markII
Shellies!!!! I've only seen them on YouTube but they are some really sweet fish. I can imagine them being very relaxing. Watching the rearrange their homes and guarding Thier turf. Plus the fry are cute too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store