first saltwater tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The camaro show

AC Members
Apr 10, 2017
Hi everyone my name is chayse I'm 18 and just bought my first reef tank it is a biocube 29, but i have been into fish keeping for 7 years with my 90 gallon freshwater tank that I've had for 7 years now. Ive always wanted a reef and saw a great deal for this established tank $300 I paid for it it included 20# of live rock, a santa monica .6 algae scrubber, a hydro galaxy 165w led light, a huge colony of gsp and a rock anenome. I bought a ecotech mp10 because i wanted the best for it, I also bought the stand and some kellion zuct power nano kit coral supplements and some other stuff. I have added a plate coral a jason fox day glo and favias and some accropras from wwc I also added a long nose hawk fish and a cuc.

My stocking plan is
long nose hawkfish
pair of black storm clownfish
orange spotted goby
tail spot or lawnmower blenny
sps and lps tank
lots of acos from wwc and cornbread corals
I have bought 5 frags from jason fox wwc and cornbred corals on ebay and have 6 I bought from lfs.
The tank is sps dominated

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd skip the blenny--they get much too big for a small tank.

Otherwise...go slow with additions. Even corals add to the bioload, and reef tanks need some time to settle down after being moved.

The camaro show

AC Members
Apr 10, 2017
thats why some people said get a tailspot because they get smaller, I think I will add him last to see how all the other fish do.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The problem with that is you should add the fish in order of least to most aggressive. The lawnmower blenny isn't more aggressive than the clowns.

Jesterrace

AC Members
Apr 24, 2018
I'd skip the blenny--they get much too big for a small tank.

Otherwise...go slow with additions. Even corals add to the bioload, and reef tanks need some time to settle down after being moved.
With the lawnmower, I agree. The tailspot would be fine though and they are pretty cool to watch.

@the OP, I would recommend you skip the hawkfish as they will eat small fish. You could look into a Royal Gramma Basslet or a Possum/Pygmy Wrasse as those would be a better fish for your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store