Mystery disease on gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kills_Mussolini

Registered Member
Apr 30, 2019
I have been doing this for 7 years, and have never seen anything like it.

Locaton:left fin

Duration: last 8 months. It hasnt grown much in that time, but it has.

Texture is spongey like algae, but doesnt wipe off when gentley pulled.

Showing some fin rot on the same fin, but the neoplex didnt help with that. Fin rot came on about the time that he acquired the red spots.

Have tried marina blue and neo plex. Neither helped a bit. Fish store didnt know what it was, so they ga e me the neoplex.

All water pramaters are normal and were when he aquired it.

I looked around on the internet and red spot desies came up, but my tank is freshwater. Although, it said that red spot disease moves to the body, where this his only stayed on his send.

No other fish sowing symtoms.

20190430_170256.jpg

20190430_170250.jpg

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Could be a benign tumor, or a virus (think, wart). If the fish isn't impaired or suffering I wouldn't worry about it.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've never seen that before either. For now I'd just do lots of water changes...& hope for the best. The base of the fin where it attaches to the body seems...pink & maybe swollen?

Is the fish eating & swimming well?

Kills_Mussolini

Registered Member
Apr 30, 2019
I've never seen that before either. For now I'd just do lots of water changes...& hope for the best. The base of the fin where it attaches to the body seems...pink & maybe swollen?

Is the fish eating & swimming well?
Yes, he is otherwise normal. The growth was a small spot and has grown to two.

And yes, as you said the base is swollen and pink.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store