65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I installed this tank last December 7th, it has been cycling ever since, I added some base rocks from Fiji (I think) and a handful of live rocks all from my main tank which has been running without inhabitants since I lost my flame angelfish a few months ago.
My intention is to make all the rock begin to colonize with living organisms and I'm having success with that, I still have no idea what fish to add, but most likely it will give me a second chance with a multibarred angelfish (that's why live rock is critical here) so I'm excited about this little tank and it may be the only one with fish for a while.
P1020117~2.JPG
P1020211~2.JPG

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Starting off nicely! What size tank, and what size is your main tank?

I have a 55 with live rock that has just been running for a while without fish but with plenty of snails and starfish and other critters, mainly because I couldn't decide what fish to add. I've been thinking about moving it all to a 90 that had Africans in it, but which I've been deciding what to do with. My experience with saltwater is pretty sparse.

Looking forward to seeing how this tank matures.

WYite

Reactions: FishAddict74

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México

I have a 55 with live rock that has just been running for a while without fish but with plenty of snails and starfish and other critters, mainly because I couldn't decide what fish to add. I've been thinking about moving it all to a 90 that had Africans in it, but which I've been deciding what to do with. My experience with saltwater is pretty sparse.

WYite
My main tank is 65 gallons, currently it works with live rock, and some invertebrates, almost equal to yours, I'm thinking of taking it back as a butterflyfish tank, but it is not an easy job, personally I'm a angelfish fanatic. Good luck choosing cattle for your 55G tank, feel free to ask any concerns in this thread. Thanks for the good wishes, these are photos of the newly installed tank. Its measurements are 70cmx40x35

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020

WYite
That’s one of my favorite things to do, get a bunch of live rock and see what type of critters I end up with, although it’s not always desirable critters, it’s still interesting to see

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I had, back in the day when Methuselah was a youngster, I had a 120 gallon fish only Marine tank, and a 65 Reef. The 65 Reef lasted 12 years before I made the "Goof" of the century.
Note to self: "If you ever build another Marine tank, leave the critters that are in the Ocean, in the Ocean."

Killed both tanks with Hair Algae......:eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store