125 gallon planted project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Oh, WYite, you're even worse than my slightly enlightened (older than you) upbringing, lol. I missed the "sewing gene" that runs in my family, buttons are my best, but not great. Java ferns & anubias attachment doesn't count as sewing...more like scout knot tying (either/any gender scouts).

Don't scare poor Snagrio, he needs some confidence building, lol. Snag, you can do it!!!
Don't listen to me Snagrio! I'm a relic from a different epoch, a living fossil with arthritic hands! You can tie some plants to driftwood with thread easily!

WYite

• Haha
Reactions: Lalo J.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Don't listen to me Snagrio! I'm a relic from a different epoch, a living fossil with arthritic hands! You can tie some plants to driftwood with thread easily!

WYite
Nobody is scaring here anyone but i sure cant sew properly either! ? It was a pain in bottom to sew on my anubias on my driftwood but in the end it didnt grew onto the wood ugh.

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
...What happened to this topic?

Anyway, I'm extra peeved at the albino pleco at this point. Looked at the tank today and not only has he kept digging under the dragon stone and completely ignored the new log ever since I put it in, but over the course of last night he managed to uproot nearly all of my best-growing section of ludwigia despite it not being too terribly close to the digging spot.

Moved the rock around a bit, filled in the hole, replanted the ludwigia farther away and repositioned some of the driftwood nearby so it fits into everything better. Got the pleco to scoot into the log cave just so he knows where it is, except I came back a minute later and he was back on the tilted piece of driftwood where he sits before going back to his digging. Uuuuugggghhh...

I'm this close to just rehoming the thing.

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
Maybe take the dragon stone out for a while? Then the bn will have to find a new spot...
Problem is there's a Java fern attached, so I can't just remove it. I might be able to move it to the QT, but I don't think it will fit.

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
I think he finally got the message. Checked back a couple times during the past couple hours and he had definitely moved to the log and stayed there. Can't really see him but the sand around the rock is undisturbed and there's no way he could be anywhere else in the tank (literally the biggest and most visually obvious fish in there). Everything being slightly shifted around must've spooked him enough to find new bunking quarters, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I think he finally got the message. Checked back a couple times during the past couple hours and he had definitely moved to the log and stayed there. Can't really see him but the sand around the rock is undisturbed and there's no way he could be anywhere else in the tank (literally the biggest and most visually obvious fish in there). Everything being slightly shifted around must've spooked him enough to find new bunking quarters, fingers crossed it stays that way.
Gl

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store