Is this tank good?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MaxwellAquino09

Registered Member
May 17, 2021
4 asian stone catfish, 5 blue daisy ricefish, 1 or 2 African dwarf frogs
7 gallon 12 x 12 x 12
15 gh
4-5 kh
7.6 ph

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The fish that you have are not a considerable size when they are adults, but anyway I think 7 gallons is too small for all of them, is it the largest tank you can get? IME, 26 gallon tanks work great for small fish.

Reactions: FishAddict74

MaxwellAquino09

Registered Member
May 17, 2021
The fish that you have are not a considerable size when they are adults, but anyway I think 7 gallons is too small for all of them, is it the largest tank you can get? IME, 26 gallon tanks work great for small fish.
Biggest tank I have is the 7 gallon. I heard they all do great in 5 gallons so I was wondering if they were fine in my tank. I would like to keep the rice fish and the asian stone catfish if that works, and I can get rid of the African frogs.

Reactions: Lalo J.
Apr 7, 2021
www.youtube.com
Camera Used
8 Megapixel iSight Camera
5 gallons are considered the smallest tank you can have fish thriving in, most commonly betta or small tetras/danios. A 7g is not much bigger than a 5g so therefore it would be better to get a bigger tank especially sense you have schooling fish. In my opinion the absolute bare minimum with all those fish/frogs would be a 10g. But I agree with Lalo, getting a 26g or (what I find more common) a 29g, and if you get a bigger tank you can get more fish to put in it.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Biggest tank I have is the 7 gallon. I heard they all do great in 5 gallons so I was wondering if they were fine in my tank. I would like to keep the rice fish and the asian stone catfish if that works, and I can get rid of the African frogs.

There's a difference in "they would all do great in 5 gallons" and

"All of them would do great in 5 gallons".

Reactions: FishAddict74

MaxwellAquino09

Registered Member
May 17, 2021
5 gallons are considered the smallest tank you can have fish thriving in, most commonly betta or small tetras/danios. A 7g is not much bigger than a 5g so therefore it would be better to get a bigger tank especially sense you have schooling fish. In my opinion the absolute bare minimum with all those fish/frogs would be a 10g. But I agree with Lalo, getting a 26g or (what I find more common) a 29g, and if you get a bigger tank you can get more fish to put in it.
Could
I get rid of the frogs and then would it be fine?

Noroom4shoe

AC Members
Jun 10, 2021
African dwarf frogs need to be in a group of 3 minimum in a 10-gallon minimum. The stone cats and the rice fish are both schooling fish with means no less than 6 each, I would not do less than a 15 gallon for the 2 species. I don't know if the ADFS are ideal tankmates for the nano fish. They are very slow to catch food, but they are meet eaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store