stuck together fins

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bolter95

Registered Member
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Hi, I've recently got a betta who was ignored and not attended to much. I know these are known for their beautiful tails and fins. Somehow this ones are stuck together instead of fanning. He used the water treatment stuff "Aqua Plus" that you put in to treat the tap water and the fish scales. 2capfuls per 10gals. I think he was putting in to much since the fishbowl is less than a gallon. What can I do.:???? Thank You, Sincerely, ***le

bolter95

Registered Member
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Stuck together

Hi Brian, He does'nt flare at all. The top fin, tail and the under-belly fin all look like they're coated towards the ends. You can see the beginning of separation at the front of each fin. It''s like if only I had a little comb to help. He is dark blue- purple w/ red highlights. I completely sterlized the bowl and trashed the fake plant and gravel. I don't know if i should stop altogether the Aqua Plus, anything would be helpful. Thank You, ***le

goldfries

AC Members
Oct 11, 2001
Malaysia
www.briancyc.com
I've recently got a betta who was ignored and not attended to much
i assume this means you got it from an LFS recently.

he doesn't even react when looking at the mirror? probably stressed out.

give the fella some time, i once had a betta that refuses to flare at all.

it's quite hard to imagine the descriptions. i guess the next best thing i could think of is put him alone in a 1 - 2 gal tank and see if he's active. (which reminds me, what sized tank is he in now?)

i find bettas are adventurous and curious creatures when given bigger space. very interesting.

bolter95

Registered Member
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Hi, what did you mean by LFS? This betta is very active and friendly spirited. When you put you finger close to the bowl he flares his gills around his head That's about all he flares. I just don't think he can. Isn't there something I could add to the water to maybe degunk his fins:? He's in a small fishbowl. Thanks for your interest. ***le

Spider

AC Members
Feb 4, 2003
WA
Visit site
Oddly enough, my betta "Mysteria" doesn't like big tanks. He got unhappy when I put him in a 1 gallon tank. He likes a small hex bowl with his friend "Zipper" who is a small algae eater. I for got the name of the kind. They play tag.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store