Hello, i'd like you to meet my tank:

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
great looking tank :)

captainpiratebo

AC Members
Apr 22, 2007
UK
thats an awsome tank

ImAGMan

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
Nice Tank, Its Big, Think of it this way, if your house ever floods you can take the fish out of the tank and you and you wife can sleep it in.

aesopsfables

AC Members
May 4, 2007
Mid New York State
Excellent start. Are you going to add any sand or gravel?

What's the plan when the turtles get larger?

Be sure to post more pics of the tank (& the wife)!

I am going to add a two by two sand platform above the water to deal with the turtles growing land needs. Eventually, but not for years, I'll get the turtles going in my outdoor pond. They have been in a 65 for over two years now, steadily growing, so i think i have quite a while before they need more space, It is five times bigger than my old tank.

As for sand or gravel, I think im just going to keep my little north end gravel area, but I am going to put some bigger stones on the floor of the cypress knee forest, something rounded that the turtles can push around and feel tough. I really like the look of the slate tiles and don't want to cover them all up. Also, because of all the waste produced by the turtles, im better off keeping the gravel situation low....

My main concern now is fishlife. I am going to keep it about the same for bigger fish (except the bichir im looking for). I know the turtles, oscar, pacu, jack and even the bala's will still grow, so i want to leave room for them. But i want to up the number of bala's and clown loaches by four or five each. and add a school or two. I think im going to put a mixed school of tiger barbs (green, albino and standard), probably about 18 or so. Other than that I'm not quite sure.

The trouble with the balas and loaches is that my local fish places carry such small ones and just to survive they would need to be medium sized fish. The tigers might be preyed upon, but their tough buggers and i'm hoping for the best. I've never had enough room to really have a school of fish that actually schools, but there is plenty of room, and I can just imagine them swimming between the cypress knees!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store