Corydoras trilineatus or julli?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eugenet

AC Members
Oct 30, 2006
Tennessee
Just wanted to confirm which I have here. I'm almost certain its a 3 lined from comparing pictures side by side, but I wanted to check on here.
Wittle Cory.JPG

Thanks in advance

By the way the blue gravel is gone now :dance2:

Tank looks like this now :joe:

PICT0091.JPG

Wooooooo hoooooooo!!! I figured out how to put the pictures at the place in the post I wanted!! I'm so smart!!!!!!!! :dance:

:clap: :duh: :clap: :duh: :clap: :duh:

Wittle Cory.JPG PICT0091.JPG

placidmiranda

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
Oh, and how did you change your gravel? Have your fish been in there long? I have gravel about the size you used to have and I want to change mine eventually. How do you keep the important things they need from their old gravel? Can you just change gravel at anytime? I dont know where to begin with that. Thanks

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank! (I think it is a Tri)

BetaBetta

Bay Area Bedlington
Jul 28, 2006
California
I have a real julli, but its incredibly shy. I don't think your fish is a julli. Something awkward with the line.

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Corydoras trilineatus

Trili's have more of a mottled patchwork of markings on their body, especially in their face/head vs. the more symetrically rounded spots of the Julii.

Also, the Trili has heavy spotting on it's anal fin, the Julii's do not (faint or not present).

Lastly, the Trili's tend to have the spots on their tail-fins in bands whereas the Julii's are more skattered.

I know what I'm describing is kindof a 'visual feel' thing, but if you had one side-by-side it would be easy to distinguish...

Maybe these images will help: (1st is a Trili; 2nd is a Julie)

trili.jpg julii.jpg

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Heh - I went to my LFS to get some parrot food and I saw a bunch of Corys in a tank marked C. julii $3.99 and I'm thinking I'd be an idiot if I did anything but clean 'em out. Then I took a close look and regretfully informed the guy who orders fish that he had a tank full of C. trilineatus. He said "I ordered julii and that's what's on the invoice." He also said something about them looking like C. schwartzi... So I told him about the anal fin spots and I told him that julii are spotted like leopards (true dots) whereas C. trilineatus have more of a mosaic/key type of marking that looks like a spotty negative (like Jaguars). The only reason I could do that was because I'd read this thread earlier in the day. I'm going to drop a copy of cd-death's post by OMW home tonight...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store