What type of goby is this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
I purchased a group of four of these gobies and they were labeled as "silver dragon gobies". I talked to the owner of the store and he was pretty helpful with most information regarding feeding and water conditions and such, but i forgot to ask him one thing.. What was the species name? so..now i'm asking if anyone can help me.. what species of goby is this?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
It doesn't look like a dragon goby to me. I'm crossing out Gobiodes broussonetti. If you don't mind me asking, could you please tell us all the information he gave you? It appears this fish may be a brackish water species but I could be wrong as I cannot positively identify it at the moment.

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
he always seems to get the most uncommon/rare fishes he could find. Personality-wise, they're peaceful and tend to "play" with others of their kinds. He said that they were possibly slight brackish but he has kept them in freshwater quite fine and that they grew another 2x the size of the largest one i had which was about 2 inches.. so i suppose the maximum size for adults of this species must be around 4 inches. They eat pretty much anything that settles to the bottom of the tank. In my case, i've been feeding them bloodworms, new life spectra and sometimes they eat the flakes that fall to the bottom.

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
they also like to sift through the sand and that they live around 7 - 8 years in his experience of keeping them.

Last edited:

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
you're right.. it seems to be so.. and i think it might be in either apocryptes or the pseudapocryptes genres...

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
I joined a goby group on another forum and i have been told that it is apocryptes bato. It's supposedly a commonly imported goby from india? Although no one seems to know much about this type. There's almost no info about this species online.. as far as experience on growing and raising goes. I suppose that is my cue to make some observations.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store