Mixing Clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmeltzer

AC Members
Aug 1, 2007
Pomona, NY
I currently have a pair of False Perculas and I was wondering if I could add a pair of black and white clowns.
My current pair is hosting in a sebae anemone and I have an empty bubble tip ready for a host.

I know that if adding addiotional clown, they should be smaller than the ones you have, but my concern is more about species. Are the black and whites "false perculas?"

Does anyone have any experience with this?

BTW....my tank is 90g.

Thanks.

Jason

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
the black and whites are false perculas, yes.

I would be inclined to say that with a tank the size of yours and any aggression issues would be small or short, but I don't have any experience with anything other than one "normal" false percula and one black and white. They were inseparable.

jmeltzer

AC Members
Aug 1, 2007
Pomona, NY
Thanks all.....

As for the maroons, I think they are real cool looking, but I do not want the aggression in my tank.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
If you do add them, be sure to watch them. Even with docile species, there are times when adding more won't work. Just be careful and vigilant. For larger, more aggressive species, I recommend at least 4 ft between pairs.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I have a pair of Clarkiis,a pair of false percs,and one goldbar maroon. All get along perfectly.
Yours is the exception rather than the rule. It is misleading otherwise, IMHO. I also notice you have a Pangasiid catfish in your tank. That is risky with the smaller fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store