Yavie, a Bearded Dragon (Pic HEAVY)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BreellaBlue87

2009: The year of the Bat
Dec 8, 2008
Central New York
I seem to have missed this section of the forums until today. Well, a few years ago after giving up on fishes I got into reptiles, and my younger sister bought me a Bearded Dragon for my 16th birthday. He died a few months later, from what I never learned, but I did learn a lot about Beardies from keeping him. I had become acquainted with a local breeder while buying crickets at the LPS and they told me they were running a sale, beardies with issues for $5 donation to the Girlscouts, a week later i brought home Yavie. A small female who had her tail amputated by the local reptile vet after a clutchmate bit most of it off (it developed infection).

She grew VERY quickly, after a week she had almost doubled in length, always looking, always watching me.

She always looks best at bathtime

A matter of months later, she was growing into a beautiful juvie. (behind her, my old 30g, used to be my community tank, ended up being her feeding tank)

This is the temporary viv I built for her last spring:

and here she is, burmating her sweet butt off.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice little beardie! I like her color. So are you including veggies in her diet?

BreellaBlue87

Dec 8, 2008
Central New York
cute. I used to have a few of them. I like the 3rd one down. It's a citrus right?
That's actually all the same beardie, she's changed her colors quite a few times in her life. Her parents were the following:
Dad:

And Mom: (on the bottom of the pair, both females BTW)

Another one of mom, Yavie looks so much like her:

The breeder calls mom a Tri Color (their breeding line "EXCLUSIVE" and dad is a Sandfire from Sandfire Ranch (so they claim)

Nice little beardie! I like her color. So are you including veggies in her diet?
She loves her veggies, and at 5 years old its most of her diet now. She eats store bought till my garden comes to bear in the summer months, and by the time I run out she's already in burmation. She'll take about 25-50 gutloaded large crickets every week or two weeks and sometimes I order silkworms as a treat, which she eats from my hand.

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
Too freakin cute :)

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
Great pictures. Our males is about 2 1/2 years old. He is just the normal beardie. They have so much personality it's funny. He begs for his food. For something that doesn't speak, he yells very loudly when he's hungry. My beardie eats about the same as what yours does but with an occasionally frozen hopper (usually once a month). Right not he looks like a rhino, because he has a cyst on his nose. I had someone check it out and they said that we will keep an eye on it but unless it is bothering him it might be better to just leave it.

PC260068.JPG

BreellaBlue87

Dec 8, 2008
Central New York
He's cute! I wouldn't worry about that bump. It doesn't look raw, and as long as he's maintaining a good weight (I use a kitchen gram scale to weight Yavie), his fecal is clean, and the vet isn't concerned I would look at is as a personality mark.

Yavie's got no tail, It doesn't bother me at all. Infact I'm so used to her not having one that I have a hard time compensating for one on the beardies who do! I'll go to pick one up and be like *Whoa* bigger than I thought.
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/member.php?u=81419

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
I agree with you. It's kinda of cute. If he would have had it when we got him I would have called him Rhino but he's my Buddy. I think that you can see that he's maintaining weight. He's not overly fat like I have seen other dragons but he's normal weight in my eyes. When my husband talked me into him, I really didn't want a dragon but now I can't see not having him.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
aw, what a cutie. in the bath pic she looks just like Sid! her mom is beautiful, though unless her dad is in shed he dosnt have that normal bright coloring that sandfire dragons usually have.

no matter her bloodline, she is still a very pretty girlie! here's a pic of my little guy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store