Product Review: Kordon Ich Attack

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MTiffany

Swamp Thing
Jul 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
[FONT=&quot]Company[/FONT]
Kordon

[FONT=&quot]Model[/FONT]
Ich Attack

[FONT=&quot]Link to product description [/FONT]
http://www.novalek.com/kordon/ich_attack/index.htm

[FONT=&quot]Price range[/FONT]
$15 for 16oz.

[FONT=&quot]Pros[/FONT]
Most importantly, it works. 100% herbal (if that is important to you), safe for biofilter bacteria, invertebrates, and scaleless fish. Effective at high or low pH, does not effect pH. No toxic heavy metals. Can be safely dosed up to 300% recommended dose.

[FONT=&quot]Cons[/FONT]
Unpleasant smell. Clouds water. Smell can become noticeable in room which houses the tank.

[FONT=&quot]Star rating (1-5 with 5 being the best)[/FONT]
4 (would be a five if they could fix the smell)

[FONT=&quot]How long have you used the product?[/FONT]
Used for thirteen days to clear a heavy Ich infestation.

[FONT=&quot]Build quality and value for your money. [/FONT]
Good value

[FONT=&quot]Other comments
[/FONT]My Experience with Kordon Ich Attack

Kordon Ich Attack Day 2

Kordon Ich Attack Day 3

Kordon Ich Attack Day 4

Kordon Ich Attack Day 5

Kordon Ich Attack Day 6

Kordon Ich Attack Day 7

Kordon Ich Attack Day 8

Kordon Ich Attack Days 9, 10, 11, and 12

Kordon Ich Attack Day 13

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
I like it and have used it. It works and is safe. It can be used once or twice a month to prevent external parasitic outbreaks.

Some cases of Ich may involve a more resistant Ich protozoan and require longer treatment, but if you keep at it you can kill even the resistant ones.

It is herbal but don't let that dissuade you from using it. The hebal ingredients contain napthoquinones, the same powerful chemical compounds that are in a class of antibiotics developed for use in humans and other animals.

watersignguy

Registered Member
Feb 18, 2010
I used Kordon's Ich Attack for the first time this week to fight off a heavy ich infestation. Today is Day 4 and no signs of ich on any of the fish. And my invertebrates (freshwater) are doing fine.
I don't notice any smell, but I hate the brown muddy look it gives the tank.

BubbleE1

AC Members
Feb 8, 2010
i'm using this now :<
i'm on day 6 and the ich seems to actually be getting worse than when i started.
I did 1 tsp per 10 gallons for the first 4 days and then upped it to 1.5 tsp per 10 gallons.
it still doesn't look like it's working at all for me. i caught it early too but it seems like it's just progressing..
my levels are fine and i upped my temperature yesterday to around 83.
I also started aquarium salt in my tank yesterday. >:
lets hope it clears out @n@

I started using Ich Attack a week ago when I saw a few spots on my dwarf platies. I have a 25 gal with an albino bn and 8 dwarf platies of different ages. I still see a couple spots here and there. Seems the bn was the last one to show a couple spots and the first to get rid of them. However the platies still have them. How long does this stuff take to work on average?

lake_tuna

AC Members
Dec 14, 2009
I've been using this for over a week (1 week for recommended dosage and twice as much after that), but my fish still have white spots on them. I have the tank at 82F. I hope it clear out. I have used a lot of the medicine already. I hope it clears before the bottle is empty..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store