baby anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KLelle

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
www.kirstilangen.ca
so when i got this live rock i noticed something very tiny growing on it and a few months later i identified it as an anemone it's grown quite a bit since then but is still very small, i was wondering if any of you know ways to help it grow i have liquid food and growth stimulator they both say to feed three times a week would it hurt it to feed it more or would that help it grow? i'll attach a picture just in case it's actually not an anemone.

_MG_4742S.jpg

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008

Though it looks a little like these ricordia, unless your talking about the pale bubble tip to the right?

KLelle

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
www.kirstilangen.ca
no no not the bubble tip, and you're right it does kinda look like those just not as fully grown do ricordia shrivel up at night into a little ball? that's what this little guy does when the light goes off then opens back up in the day time

RiVerfishgirl

AC Members
Jan 15, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Real Name
Heather
Sounds more like a mojano. Could also be a riccordia mushroom or something. It would help if you can get a pic more from the top.

The mojanos that showed up in my tank didn't spread very fast, nothing like aiptasia, so that doesn't mean it's not one.

Can't tell from the pic though.

Mushrooms do shrivel up at times, especially if they're trying to eat something floating in the water, but mojanos act similar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store