Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TwoHobbies

AC Members
Jun 26, 2008
The mafia teams have always been willing to sacrifice one of theirs for the good of the team. You have played enough games to see the posts about Ice throwing one of his teammates under the bus. It makes one of their own golden in the eyes of the town.

Rich became "dead man walking" as soon as pir false claimed. That is it end of story. Why do you insist on rehashing something that is not going to help the town at all?
OK, I'll drop it. This will be my last post on this. I really think I understand the game better than you give me credit for, unforunately I'm not very good at getting my point across.

I agree with everything above, read your own statement again and then tell me "what was the good of the team" and or "who was this golden" who benefited in this case.

And please don't tell me their team was going to benefit by hitting a powerless det. (Rich). My whole theory all along has been that they gave up one of there own with no gain, AGAIN in this case.

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
OK, I'll drop it. This will be my last post on this. I really think I understand the game better than you give me credit for, unforunately I'm not very good at getting my point across.

I agree with everything above, read your own statement again and then tell me "what was the good of the team" and or "who was this golden" who benefited in this case.

And please don't tell me their team was going to benefit by hitting a powerless det. (Rich). My whole theory all along has been that they gave up one of there own with no gain, AGAIN in this case.
Sorry I know you said you were dropping this, but you lost me on that last sentence. Who did they give up?

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I'm 98% JM is scum. Along with Zaffy and Pir, that gives us 3. I believe that Pir still could be innocent. It's not a large chance IMO, but he is still pretty new to the game and pretty young and impulsive. He does need to go IMO, but his role is not a foregone conclusion in my mind.

So I'm thinking 5 scum is a good place to start from. Zaffy and JM give us 2. If I had to pick 3 other suspects at this point, I would say UN, Wiz, Kash.

JM is far too put together in his arguments to be playing alone.

Wiz is just a feeling and admittedly my natural tendency is to suspect him, so I'm the most unsure of him out of those I'm naming.

Kash... it worries me that she was so quick to name me innocent. If she was evil, she would know I"m innocent and could use that to gain my trust as well as that of the town. I've used this strategy to great effect in the past. I'll try to find time to go back through the posts, but it seems to me as though she's said a lot without really putting much of her own thoughts out there. She's been commenting on (and mostly iirc debunking) the thoughts of others, but if she's pointed out any real suspects or added anything significant, I've missed it. At the very least, please don't let yourselves overlook her as a possible suspect just because she appears helpful. Remember the time travel game. Wiz, if you're innocent; that last comment goes to you especially.

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
They would be the Scum team. Didn't they give up Zaffy, when they killed Rich?
Not really Rich gave us Zaffy. Hitting an innocent JB would have prolonged the confusion but in the end still would have left us deciding if we could trust Rich. Given that Pir lied I think most people would have trusted Rich and Zaf would still be today's lynch.

I'm not saying JB isn't scum or that your theory isn't possible. I'm not as convinced as Kash on that, but I don't think Zaf factors into the equation. I've been weighing it and think it's unlikely but still a possability.

The biggest risk for the scum would be if Rich lied and investigated someone else. Rich kind of handicapped himself there though when he made a big deal about not lying. If he admitted he lied and revealed a diffrent result then he would be damaging his own credibility when trust was essential. The risk that he would investigate somebody else was probably small but then so was the chance that the confusion would save Zaf. Of course if JB's scum then yes Rich had to be the hit. On balance I would say there's not enough either way to make any judgement about JB based on this hit.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
So I'm to stupid to put my own arguments together? Doubt you would have said that if I didn't have muchtime to view the thread. I've had a had couple of games, but come on JB, at least try to find something actually worth while. You are stretching really far with that one. Is t there anything concrete you can find about me? No. And the only reason you're even trying to depict me this way is because I have you and Pir figured out and possibly UN as well.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
So I'm to stupid to put my own arguments together? Doubt you would have said that if I didn't have much time to view the thread. I've had a had couple of badgames, but come on JB, at least try to find something actually worth while. You are stretching really far with that one. Is t there anything concrete you can find about me? No. And the only reason you're even trying to depict me this way is because I have you and Pir figured out and possibly UN as well.
Fixed some things

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store