Male kribensis went agro on female...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I've had a pair of kribs now for like 4-6 months I wanna say, probably longer. They've spawned once since I put them in their own 20g 2 months ago. I think they've spawned again but had a different turnout this time. The male is religiously guarding the coconut hut they stay in and won't let the female inside. Her top fin and tail are pretty torn up but far from terrible. I'm just worried about continuing aggression or is this just them getting used to breeding?

:cheers: for responses.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
26 views, no responses? For shame :p Anyways, I noticed this morning that the female has taken to defending herself finally. Both now have a couple notches in their tails but are finally letting one another back into the cave structures. I'm going to go ahead and say that this time they spawned and the fry are going to make it, thus producing spawn-protecting behaviors...hm.

Krilorn

AC Members
May 11, 2009
Nebraska
The pair of kribs i had in a 20long did the same thing. After spawning i would notice the females fins absolutely shredded by the male. Within a couple of days her fins would be on the mend and they would be acting like a happy couple again. Must be some sort of fishy post pardom agression.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah a positive response! +1 and a thousand thanks!!!!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store