Glowlight Tetras (Hemigrammus erythrozonus)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
I got my first group of fish today to start stocking my 29g community. :headbang2:
I went to the LFS and got a group 5 Glowlight Tetras. I intend of getting about three or four in the future, as I'm slowly stocking the rest of the tank.

I know I definately want to have another school of fish, and a few larger fish. But, I haven't decided on which ones. I won't be getting more fish for another few weeks, so I will keep you updated.

So far I'm really liking these little guys. That little streak of orange is suprisingly bright and noticable. Really happy with them.

Trevor ><>

Plague

O.o
Aug 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
I've always thought of setting up a neon tetra/black neon tetra/ glo light tetra tank. Blue, orange, black stripes. Sounds nice don't it?

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Cool! Cant wait for pics!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
+1^

they are awesome;)

we need pics......!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I got my first group of fish today to start stocking my 29g community. :headbang2:
I went to the LFS and got a group 5 Glowlight Tetras. I intend of getting about three or four in the future, as I'm slowly stocking the rest of the tank.

I know I definately want to have another school of fish, and a few larger fish. But, I haven't decided on which ones. I won't be getting more fish for another few weeks, so I will keep you updated.

So far I'm really liking these little guys. That little streak of orange is suprisingly bright and noticable. Really happy with them.

Trevor ><>
Picking up a half dozen or so this weekend, along with some rummynose to fill out my rummy school a bit.

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the continued stocking. This is my first legitament community tank, so I am taking it slow. But thank you all :) Pick later tonight! Promise!

Trevor ><>

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Glowlights do better in larger schools. IMO, 6+ is minimum. In a 29gal, I would shoot for only 2 schools of fish, and 1 medium fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store