My Angelfish Finally Laid Eggs!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hernandez.j91

AC Members
Oct 16, 2010
So to my surprise, after coming home from a long day at work, I knoticed something on my filter intake. Well, surely enough my angels had spawned on the intake. I just sat and watched while the female layed the eggs and the male fertilized them. I had a huntch that she was a female as she had a large bulky stomach as some of my other fish have also. Well its been two days since they laid them. So I decied to take the intake off (slowly) and put it in a contain in the same tank ( because I dont have a spare heater) added an old sponge filter to it and laid the eggs in their. So far some of them have turned white but a good bunch are still clear which is a good sign I believe. Its a first time that my angels have spawned. Bought them in january when they were pea sized. First time also breeding angels so any help is appreciated. Will post more pictures in a few days if anything starts moving. :)angelfish eggs.jpg

angelfish eggs.jpg

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
You can always use a jar/container and put that into the same tank. Add some methlene blue to prevent fungus and aerate. Three days from hatching or when they begin free swimming, feed 2-3 times daily. Baby Brine shrimp is preferred. You can use fry food but the growth rate is slower and less survival rate. At least when I did it. Best of luck!

hernandez.j91

AC Members
Oct 16, 2010
Well the fry died. :/ my other pair laid eggs yesterday. Leaving them with their parents to see how things go. Need help tho

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store