Thinkin' about a paludarium thingy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boosh96

AC Members
Feb 20, 2012
I have a 55 gallon tank lying around, so I've been thinking about making a paludarium thingy out of it. And I don't have much knowledge of paludariums and all that good stuff, so I was wondering if you all could provide advice for making a land/water paludarium setup? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
How you construct the tank will depend greatly on what you plan on keeping in it. If you have a species in mind and/or a look you are trying to achive, that would help us greatly in coming up with a design that you can build off of.

boosh96

AC Members
Feb 20, 2012
If it helps at all, I was wanting to create a continent/region-themed setup, like with only species from Madagascar OR mainland Africa OR only species from, say, Southeast Asia, ya know what I mean?

boosh96

AC Members
Feb 20, 2012
Could someone give me some options for animals that can live in a mainland Africa-themed paludarium setup? I am currently toying with a number of different ideas, but I wanted to see what you all thought?

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
What you're thinking of is a biotope setup. I've never tried one but as long as you choose an area that has fairly common species it shouldn't be hard to do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store