Keeping Red Claw Crabs and Dwarf Puffers together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Emyr

Registered Member
Feb 23, 2012
I was wondering whether its possible to keep Dwarf puffers and Red claw crabs together in a 75L tank? I understand that the crabs can be kept with community fish fine but the little puffers like to be on their own and will attack shrimps, snails etc but maybe not crabs?

Anyone have any thoughts or know if this would be possible or not? Thanks.

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
From experience with my dads puffer and the shrimp about the same size as my red claws that he caught with his casting net in the bay, I would say no. My dads puffer goes for the backbone and that's it...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AfishIonado

AC Members
Feb 26, 2012
Oklahoma
Puffers are angry little bully's, but that said each of them have different personalities so you may be ok but a safe rule is if it can't get away from a puffer then their not safe

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Puffers main diet is snails and shrimp. So it's like putting a steak in front of a human and saying I hope he doesn't eat it. It is going to happen that's why the puffer has those teeth and are so mean. The red claws have claws so I guess they might defend themselves a little bit but eventually one of them will lose.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I had a crab in with my gsp's once...crab didn't last long.

:cheers:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
It may be worth noticing the OP made this single post and left the site two minutes later. Has not returned to check replies or even browse anywhere else at the site.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store