Read This Post Before Getting Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishkeeper71

AC Members
Oct 7, 2008
Midwest dweller
Unfortunately people will still be doing these stupid things because of idiot pet store chains, who seem to be there for the sole reason of cheating people out of their money and ruining the lives of both their customers and the pets themselves. If you have a local pet store chain that begins with PET in it, Please inform the owners of these 3 main chains to get a freaking clue and to educate their employee's as well. Nothing is worse than overhearing a pet store employee literally giving someone all the wrong advice and info because their idiot friend had one of these and knows everything, even though the correct answer lies in a book these twits sell and are obviously to stupid to pick the darned thing up and read it first.

Sorry for the rant but i had to let it out ;)

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
For a post that is several years old, still nothing much has changed.

Hopefully, we can get enough people educated to make these changes in a real way. Its is difficult to paddle against a tide that pushes out animals as if they were simply a disposable product.

glasman

Happy fishies please!
Dec 9, 2009
Louisville Ky
Real Name
Scott
I just read through alot of this thread. Post #1 talks about no sane person would keep a Great Dane in an Apt. Actually according to Animalplanet.com and my personal experience with owning multiple Great Danes, they make just about the BEST apartment dog. They are in the top 10 list for best apt dog. Big, lazy, huge bladder, gentle, not yappy like all of the small "dogs" that people think are good apt dogs.

CinnamonPearl

Professional Whovian
May 19, 2013
Long Island, NY
I don't understand why animal rights groups are all about dogs and cats but don't give a **** about fish. Fish are animals too! Sure, fish aren't cute. They can't make sad puppy-dog eyes, and they can't cry out if they're being hurt, but that doesn't mean they can't think and feel.

I've even dealt with experienced and knowledgeable aquarists who think that fish cannot feel as much as terrestrial animals. Once I was reading a story about a student who had to use live goldfish in a science lab. I was outraged and said that it's equivalent to using dogs and cats in a lab. I was then fought and told that it's not the same. I had to end the debate with, "Well excuse me for believing that all life is equal." I made this picture on Ribbet to pass around and in hope that it will help open some people's eyes.

Animal Cruelty.jpg

Animal Cruelty.jpg

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
I completly agree,
I wish big chain stores that sell fish give this kind of information to people
Go you for standing up and saying something

anouck

AC Members
Sep 17, 2014
Haha, I was JUST going to make that Great Dane comment myself! Contrary to popular belief, Greyhounds are also perfect apartment dogs, because all they want to do is sleep 24/7.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i have called out so many people at pet stores that they have banned me from talking to other people.not really but 1 store is trying to do it.lol i have called out everybody and anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

shannonfbc

AC Members
Jan 21, 2015
great post and pretty much why i am here.... trying to make sure i do this thing right so the critters are happy and healthy and have a good life.... i figure they are no different then my dog im responsible for their health and well being their entire lives so its a big commitment

Reactions: Moby2BettaBuddy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store