Angelfish Eggs White?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cystalline

Registered Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hello everyone!

I have a confirmed male and female pair of Spawning pair of Freshwater Angels. THey have laid over 10 batches but I have had luck with only 1...and even then the babies died.

Day before yesterday (saturday) They laid eggs. I waited until day two (yesterday) to remove the remaining eggs( none white as i knocked all the white ones off) and place them in a soda bottle with the top cut off.

I poked holes in the bottle so water could flow through, and placed it in the tank--with the water from the same tank-- they were laid in. So nothing was changed, i just moved them into a bottle.

I kept an eye on them, and a few of them had sprouted tails. I got up this morning and they had all turned white. Any explanations? Thanks guys!
~Cys

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
most likely not enough O2 rich water flow....

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
That would be my guess as well. Eggs need a good amount of oxygen and water flow as they actually have a pretty high metabolic output when the larvae are developing and can build waste pretty quickly. If you want to raise them in a separated container like that I would recommend adding an airline and stone to increase O2 and water flow

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Yes, Angel fish eggs need water movement over them so. I use to add some Methylene Blue to my Angel eggs. After a few spawns I just left the parents to raise the babys. Takes them a few spawns to get it right.

Wild West

AC Members
Mar 6, 2015
Do the above, and start some brine shrimp eggs for hatching when you see the pair grooming the egg laying site.

fishguychrisni

AC Members
Feb 11, 2016
clean a surface for them or remove the previous breeding sites , it could be infection ? have you tried a 50,50 water change ? try and reduce the ph and increase the temperature

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store