Defective Aqueon Circulation Pump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
I bought an Aqueon circulation pump the 500 version. I was never really happy with it, but it's what the pet store had at the time. One thing I noticed right off the bat is that it's a suction cup instead of a magnet...ok :/. I was fine with it as long as the suction was powerful. It was not the cup barley wanted to attach. So I went and hunted for the reciept and kept it and the box incase the suction cup ever failed. Which I assumed it would because the suction was so horrible it barley wanted to stay in place. But it's lasted me a month or so maybe more. Then today when I was doing a water change I had to readjust the pumps head and the thing just broke like nothing. The part that attaches to the suction cup must have been weak or something because it just came off :(. I'm not sure if the plastic was bad or what but sofar this product has been kind of a pain in my butt and I'm going to return it either for a replacement or see if I can get a refund and try and buy a nicer magnet power head.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Wild West

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I just always stayed with powerheads. I use the AC110 power heads

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
I got the koralia 600 I have to say the flow is kinda weak. Does anyone have the same problem? I have to say I'm not super happy with the koralia it ran backwards for a while I fixed it and got for to run the other way but still the flow seems weak to recreate a river I may return it for a bigger one or get a different pump. Well see.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Just call or email Aqueon (central garden and pet). I bet they'll mail you a new unit with nothing more than sending them a pic of the receipt. Or if you don't want another one, just take this one back to the store to get a refund.

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
I ended up takin it back to petco and got it refunded then bought a koralia 600. I'm not super thrilled with it. Does anyone else feel that the flow is weak or is it just me? I was thinking I need a bump up to a 750 but that seems like it would be a lot in a 36g.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Just curious why you need a circ pump on a 36g?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store