some one please help me i.d. this please i dont want it to die causei just have it in a container

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
i neeed to know if this is some kinda snail or slud and if it is reef safe i think it's a hitchhiker from my decorator crab. it's not a sponge cause it moves and has antennenies and it's white. it felt a little hard when i grabbed it with the tongs to pull it out the tank and punt in another quaruntine so i can find out if its a nusaince or good for my tank thank you. you can see the feelers a little better in the second picture
id white thing 2.jpg id white thing 1.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It is either a jellyfish or a Nudibranch. Just leave it. It is not snail eggs.

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
no it;s a snail lol its a stomatella i did some research plus another website helped me i.d. it. it moves and has feelers if you look at the seconcond picture you can see the feelers on it

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
no it;s a snail it moves and has feelers if you look at the seconcond picture you can see the feelers on it
Look at second picture? You kidding? Need to enlarge just for me to see the white blob.

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
... I can see a snail without even enlarging the pic... Can't tell you what though. I have limited saltwater experience. It's easier for people to ID things if you put them in a small dish or hold them out of water if it's safe for the critter to take a pic. The pic comes out a lot clearer without going through tank water and if you use a little zoom but hold the camera back a bit you can use flash when not taking pics through glass and deep water. Pics of shell openings and such also help a lot to get a more detailed ID.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
You are way overthinking this. If it is a hitchhiker, then either leave it be or take it out. So what if it dies and it turns out later it would have been beneficial - you didn't pay for it or plan for it. Someone's beneficial is somebody else's potential nuisance. Bristleworms for example are very beneficial at what they do (eat detrius) - and yet they are the devil and ruin your tank and look ugly - depending on who you ask. Can they grow out of hand and overpopulate? Yes and no. They won't overpopulate unless given the opportunity to do so. It is not your fault because you didn't take them out of the tank when there was only a few, but it is your fault because you allowed too much excess detrius to accumulate. Same with (mini) sea stars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store