Red veins on goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquatic_life

Registered Member
Mar 16, 2014
Hi,

I have a three year old goldfish in a settled tank of around 100 litres with red veins on its tail.
I haven't seen any other symptoms. The red veins have been there for over a month now. I have tested for Ammonia and there is none in the tank. Could you suggest what else it might be? The tank has been having some mosquito egg laying issues recently but the larvae are cleared out regularly.

Any suggestions for medicine would be appreciated. The tank has a canister filter as well as sponge filters. there is plenty of surface agitation.

I have attached some pictures for your reference.

Thanks
image.jpg image_3.jpg

Ashrith

AC Members
Jan 10, 2016
Try adding an airstone to improve water circulation. The improved water circulation will help add oxygen to the water. Also run a nitrate and nitrite test.

Benate

AC Members
Feb 27, 2018
My goldfish also have red vein sin its tail .I have asked with several people but didn't get an appropriate answer.I will try out the decision by you people.Thanks.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
My goldfish also have red vein sin its tail .I have asked with several people but didn't get an appropriate answer.I will try out the decision by you people.Thanks.
Glad you found some helpful info but this thread is rather old. It is best to start a new thread specific to your situation to get the best help. To start a new thread just go to the correct forum (Cold water) and towards the right side is a blue button that says "post new thread".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store