Plant ID? Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kinomatika

AC Members
Feb 8, 2017
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Kino
Camera Used
Canon t4i
Someone (I don't know who) got a hold of my amazon wishlist and bought me some plants off of it. I wasn't expecting it at all! I put them in some spare tanks I had and I was hoping I could get some IDs on them to make sure I have the requirements to grow them successfully? Thanks in advance!

No idea what this one - a friend of mine said might be some kind of sword but she's stumped too. It's so cute though! I love the big fat spoonlike leaves.

totally unsure of what this red plant is. I know the one behind it is an ozelot sword, though. Any ideas? It looks like some sort of ludwigia but I'm not sure.

I'm wondering what the plant in the left corner (the taller one) is and what the plants in the back right corner are. Micro swords maybe? Ugh I'm so bad at this.

Thanks again!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
My guesses are, some kind of sword (there are so many), l. repens (or a hybrid/variety) for the red plant, wisteria, hygrophilia diffiformis (grow emersed, out of water). Looks good, but those swords & maybe wisteria may out grow your tank!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The first looks like a melon sword to me, but cannot tell without knowing if it's emerged or submerged growth,

if I had a tank that size, I'd use a smaller sword, like Vesivius or E. tenellus

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, I like the melon sword guess, dougall. I think most commercial swords are grown emersed, so expect it to grow smaller, less red or spotted without co2 & ferts (& even then not so much) but that may be good in your small tank. Don't expect wonders from your hairgrass either (front right).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store