How do i fix this tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Being in an exposed corner like that, that's a catastrophe waiting to happen. I suppose if you didn't mind running a Matten filter in that corner of the tank to hide the madness, you could try to band-aid that corner by siliconing glass panels over the effected areas in that corner. It's all about being willing to deal with the consequences. Breaking that tank down to replace 7.5ft of glass would be an absolute no go for me, not to mention the fact the plastic frames probably need to be replaced as well. I'd take that sucker to the curb.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
Being in an exposed corner like that, that's a catastrophe waiting to happen. I suppose if you didn't mind running a Matten filter in that corner of the tank to hide the madness, you could try to band-aid that corner by siliconing glass panels over the effected areas in that corner. It's all about being willing to deal with the consequences. Breaking that tank down to replace 7.5ft of glass would be an absolute no go for me, not to mention the fact the plastic frames probably need to be replaced as well. I'd take that sucker to the curb.
damn, this sucks. such a waste of a nice tank. I got it for free but still, it's a shame. I guess i'll just sell it to my friend who wants it for his baby alligator.

P predatorkeeper87 - what's your opinion?

predatorkeeper87

AC Members
May 30, 2015
damn, this sucks. such a waste of a nice tank. I got it for free but still, it's a shame. I guess i'll just sell it to my friend who wants it for his baby alligator.

P predatorkeeper87 - what's your opinion?
you would mention me on here considering I'm NEVER on this forum lol, guess its your only option ;) hahaha. I'd replace the pane. A chip/crack that close to a seam isn't a simple patch job with glass. Acrylic sure but that's a disaster waiting to happen if you patch that.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
Also, whatever you posted on my profile I cant view, says I cant have links until 6 posts.
your info says you already posted 11 times....

check your profile settings, you have to change a few things around. On this site, it's saying I can't start a PM with you because you are not "Following me"

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

predatorkeeper87

AC Members
May 30, 2015
your info says you already posted 11 times....

check your profile settings, you have to change a few things around. On this site, it's saying I can't start a PM with you because you are not "Following me"
its cool it says I can't PM you lol...no rhyme or reason, just cant.

The Habitat

AC Members
Oct 7, 2017
If it doesn't leak with it filled 1/4 of the way make it a turtle tank...if it does leak strip all the silicone and reseal it then fill 1/4 of the way and make a turtle tank...or make it a reptile tankand just make sure the bedding on the bottom is deep enough incase they dkig

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store