Stocking advice for a planted 92 corner tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Hi all. I am new to this forum, since I have been away from the hobby for almost a decade, and the forums that I frequented before seem to have died.

I am jumping back in with a 92 gallon corner tank. It is basically a quarter of a cylinder with a 34" radius and 24" deep, and has an overflow in the back corner. I really like big tanks with a bunch of small fish. I am leaning towards stocking with something like 100 neon tetras and maybe a dozen corys to start with. Probably a pleco, and maybe some shrimp. As far as aquascaping, I want to add a bit of drift wood, maybe a pile up against the overflow.

Anyone have any creative suggestions to maximize a tank with this geometry?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I like your idea of stocking I think that would be really pretty! I think piling the driftwood is a good idea as well. You've got a lot of height to fill that might be difficult, I'm not sure I have a lot of ideas tbh =/ but I want to see what you come up with!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You might think of a higher swimming fish or school, neons tend to be mid/lowish strata. If you'll have a tight lid maybe marble hatchets? Or if you don't mind mixing fish from different continents, a pair of honey gouramis? I'd go with a BN pleco...or maybe otos?

I like plants in all my tanks, maybe even if you're not really "planty", some java fern on wood pile would give you some "height".

We're going to need pics!

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
You might think of a higher swimming fish or school, neons tend to be mid/lowish strata. If you'll have a tight lid maybe marble hatchets? Or if you don't mind mixing fish from different continents, a pair of honey gouramis? I'd go with a BN pleco...or maybe otos?

I like plants in all my tanks, maybe even if you're not really "planty", some java fern on wood pile would give you some "height".

We're going to need pics!
There will be pics. I will be obnoxiously showing anyone and everyone this tank. As of right now though, the stand is in my basement, and the tank just got a couple of coats of black paint on the back panels. I have to fix a plumbing issue (previous owner has a piece of thin wall PVC glued into the drain bulkhead), then get it set up and cycling. I am hoping to have fish added by May 1st, since that is my birthday, and this tank is supposed to be a birthday present.

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
The tank has had a couple of coats of black paint on the back sides. I cleaned up and tightened the bulkheads, then replumbed it. I have it on the stand now, just need to give it a scrubbing, fill it and add sand and get the cycling started.

IMG_20170224_184606.jpg

IMG_20170224_195215.jpg

Reactions: Tifftastic

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
I have water in it, the filter is running and nothing leaks. I even used some of my engineering knowledge to rig a temporary light.

IMG_20170225_201110.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store