Please Help Me Get Rid Of Pest Snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaNoob

AC Members
Mar 5, 2017
Connersville
Real Name
Kylee
I'm not sure what kind of snail they are, but they came on some plants that I ordered online
Please help me get rid of them, also assasin snails are not an option right now. They are in both my 3.5 gallon tank and my 22 gallon tank.
image.jpg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Manually pick them out and feed lightly and they should fade away. Lots of snails is generally a sign of overfeeding.

Reactions: BettaNoob

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
As Joel said. Assassin snails are nice, I have 1 in each tank just for fun.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
As said above, plus some good gravel vacuuming. Also they look like pond/bladder snails (one spirals one way, the other goes the other way). You can also put a piece of veg in the tank over night and remove it before you turn the lights on in the morning. This will collect a lot of them and you can then bag, freeze and trash. Make sure you freeze it so that you kill them and don't put them into the wild (even though they are already there. . . ).

Reactions: OrionGirl

Kaine

AC Members
Mar 20, 2017
If you wanna mail them to me I'll take them. I'm trying to get some breeding so I have a constant supply for my puffer to eat.

balerion

AC Members
Mar 20, 2017
Northern IL
Definitely bladder snails. Get an assassin snail.

TheWeirdo

AC Members
Apr 5, 2017
They are pond/bladder snails, usually they come with plants as it was your case. You can give plants bleach/potassium permanganate dips to avoid this in the future, or buy tissue culture.
Do not invest in an assasin snail, they are kind of expensive (at least where I live) and you can easily control the population, or destroy it by just manually getting them out.
I personally just control the population, they can actually be helpful and are part of the ecosystem.
But, if you want to destroy them just crush every snail you see.

TheWeirdo

AC Members
Apr 5, 2017
If you wanna mail them to me I'll take them. I'm trying to get some breeding so I have a constant supply for my puffer to eat.
Just get some at your LFS, I am sure that if they handle plants they will have some lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store