fancy goldfish density for growth

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tanvir

Registered Member
Apr 18, 2017
I have 280 gallon concrete tank outside. How many ryukin juvies I can rare in this tank with no filter but plants? And how many juvies could be rared with filter?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
So, there's a lot of research on density vs growth and it suggests with less fish per volume you get faster growth. So, the smaller amount of fish you put in there, the faster they'll grow. This is due to food availability, but also water quality.
If you are doing water changes regularly, or have a drip system of some sort I would say you could probably rear 100 without filtration, but lots of plants depending on the surface area. If you did about 50 of them, they would for sure be safe. With filtration I wouldn't really suggest many more than that, but you'll likely see faster growth. This also depends on the surface area, if you have a long but shallow pond, you can stock more heavily than if you have a deep but narrow pond.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Agree with the above! Footprint of the tank/pond, water quality, water temperature and availability of good food will dictate how quickly they'll grow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store