I'm getting back into fishkeeping after 6 years

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpsracing

AC Members
Jun 21, 2001
Hey y'all --

I first started fishkeeping in 2002 and kept two tanks running (20g & 30g) until I moved cross country in Nov. 2011. I have been fish-less since.

Well, now I've bought a house and want to start a tank again. This site was a great source of info 15 years ago when I started and I was - amazed & quite happy - that AC is still around and that my log in info still works!

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi again. I see I am not the only one getting back to it after some time away. I am keen to see what kind of changes in tech have occurred in the last six years also.

Thanks,
JPS

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

Reactions: jpsracing

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Welcome back to AC JPS! Were you a high tech aquarist? I myself am kinda recently back from a long hiatus (kinda), it's good to be back full force though!

Reactions: jpsracing

MardieJane

AC Members
Apr 19, 2017
Central Florida
Camera Used
Cannon eos 5d markII
Hi jpsracing hope to hear about your new tank. I have a feeling this hobby is one you never really get over if you ever got it right.
It seems to be like most pets, you always love looking in tanks to see what there but your own tank is the only way to understand these animals each have their own personalities. Awesome your back at it. Will you keep the same type of fish as before or try something new?

jpsracing

AC Members
Jun 21, 2001
Welcome back to AC JPS! Were you a high tech aquarist? I myself am kinda recently back from a long hiatus (kinda), it's good to be back full force though!
Hi & Thanks for the Welcome :) My last two tanks were freshwater 20 High and 30 and I kept them running from 2002 until 2011 when I moved south and gave them to a friend. The last of my fish died finally about a two years ago so the tanks were pretty successful in that respect. I kept a variety of fish thru the years but I really liked the red eye tetras and tiger barbs, and my red tail shark Darth lol. He lived about 8 years and had moved from a 2 gallon, to a 10, to the 20 and eventually to the 30. Great fish, very bummed when he finally passed. I can't wait to set up the 55 and stock it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store