Acurel F does not work for me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Drata

Registered Member
May 28, 2017
alabama
Has anyone else had an issue with Acurel F? I tried it for the first time with a couldy tank and it just get more cloudy. Am I doing something wrong? Everyone else it seems to work great for. I have a 20 gallon tank, put 40 drops in it. It more cloudy then before...
Any advise?

Drata

Registered Member
May 28, 2017
alabama
I don't know. Everything tests ok. One tank is a grey haze the other is a light haze... I have tried everything!! Fish are ok, not stressed. I have had these tanks for some time, never had any issues before.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Acurel is a flocculent. It clumps together particles so they either fall to the substrate or can be captured in the filtration. If you don't have a fine mesh/pore sponge in your filter, they may be getting through, or there's simply enough food to keep the bacteria that are free in the water column going. Try a large water change, clean the substrate well, and don't feed for a few days.

Personally, I prefer to avoid chemical solutions to aesthetic problems. It's sort of like layering perfume on instead of showering.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store